Wild Brown Cock fish.jpg

CAT

Reaction score
While every one was watching the FA Cup final we decided to see if the May Fly was coming off on a reservoir with only wild Brown Trout resident,i saw the oddMay flybut not many wemanaged a few fish butit was quiet windy,theywere there buton nymph patrol in the margins, Bill took fish after fish on a gold headed hares ear i had tied up to his ownspecifications, i like this photo because not only is it alovely fish but if you look closelyits a perfect strike, top lip, square on perfect.

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
My mate an avid fly angler and member of a rather exclusive ''Derbyshire'' fly fishing club,press ganged me into a trip with him a few days ago. To be fair I wasn't too enthusiastic,as I havn't fly fished since the early days at Grafham.But I was only to be the photographer, so what the hell.

I have to say it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable days one could wish for. For not only did my friend produce rainbows up to four pounds-but caught a stunning brownie a superb wild river fish of eight and a half pounds, that I had pointed out to him earlier. Now if only I could work out how to get the image on the site.

CAT

Reaction score
If you e-mail it to me i will re-size it for you Derek, i can send it you back or put it on this thread, i for one would like to see that Brownie.