Ticket Prices

chris k

Reaction score
Hi guys Hias mentioned in a previous post, I'm looking to start Fly Fishing. Can anybody tell me the sort of average price I will be looking to fish rivers and Stillwaters. Also I'll be wanting to catch and release does this make a difference in price ?.

Also can I fish free river stretchs on the fly for Chub etc as an alternative cheaper day out ? If so I live in the Hampshire area, so if anybody knows of cheap/free venues it would great.

Thanks.

fozzie41

Reaction score
I don't know about Hampshire but I have had a look and the average around me is £10-15 a day for a sport ticket with a couple offering cheaper for just a morning or evening

Don't see why it should be too much more or less in your area

keora

Reaction score
In West and North Yorks I pay £20 a day to trout fish on a large reservoir (Fewston near Harrogate). On the upper reaches of the R Wharfe it's £30 for a day's brown trout fishing. On the middle reaches, tickets might be around £12 to £15, but fishing can be harder.

A few years ago I spoke to an angler who regularly fished trout waters in Hampshire and Surrey, who said he paid about £50 a day.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Not too sure about Hampshire, but next door in Wiltshire you will pay anything from £25.00 to £50.00 for a 4 fish ticket

The only cat h and release venue I know if is at Manningford Trout Fishery where after you have caught your limit bag you can move onto a different part for catch and release.

Its a decent venue, well appointed and close to a decent pub for lunch but the average size of the Trout seems to have taken a dip in the last few years.

Manningford Trout Fishery and Farm

Alternatively you can try Avon springs for both Lake and River fishing, a little more expensive but the Trout are much larger on average . . . . . .

Avon Springs Fly Fishing Lakes Wiltshire

The river fishing there is much harder and there is no C&R either

Last edited: