Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA) Guest

I had sent me a Large Arbour fly reel today which I have just inspected. When I opened the box I thought that they had sent me the wrong reel, it looked like a Lamson or an Abel.

But it was the Vision.

What a superb bit of engineering for a very small layout. I will be doing an in depth review of these reels shortly, but quite frankly first impressions are very favourable, very favourable indeed.

Ron, its a cheap plastic one, may as well use a cotton reel, bout £40,

Lamson or Abel its not!.
    Perch and tench record holder, and ACA member for twenty years, and Treasurer of P.A.S.C.

Shrek Guest

I have the salmon version and have had to have the drag repaired already, even though it's still a virgin reel.

Also, don't drop it otherwise you'll bend the rim and it won't work properly. It's not plastic but cast alloy so very brittle.

Other than that, they're OK.

If it was cast and brittle, I would expect it to break the rim cleanly, not bend it.

Seen them myself, not overly impressed but its cheep and practicle. Good beginers reel.

Spiders,

You haven't even seen this reel.

And fot the money, less that sixty quid with a spare spool, it is brilliant!

My Dear Ron, if you like it, thats all that matters, Vision make good reels, I have a XLA.

Anyway havent you got enough reels, seems a shame to put a cheap reel on your Sage,

Cheepskate!!![img]/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif[/img]

PS. Dont come back on here and tell me it's only for winding your flyline on or I will be round your place to brain you.
    Perch and tench record holder, and ACA member for twenty years, and Treasurer of P.A.S.C.

I acquired the reel, I didn't buy it!

I'm certainly not a cheapskate as I acquired my Sage.

But if there is two things I do not skimp on in flyfishing it is my rod and the line which matches it. The reel however must be light weight and these days have a large arbour. I have had a goodly collection of reels but since my son needs a couple in Oz, I have run low.

The reel also should be light and have a decent one way disc drag. I do like to play a decent sized trout off the drag.

Cannot say ive seen the latest Koma ,they did one a while back loked ok, is it the same one?

I'd like to know exactly what sensations this sensational reel arouses.
    PaSC Junior Development Officer ><((((°>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast