Grayling in Dorset - Help!!!

Bea Ashrei

Reaction score
Hello,Women are probably here not too often, but I hope that even though I am a completely non-experienced in fishing person, you will take me seriously/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif as I am desperately looking for advice. I would like to surprise my boyfriend on his birthday and buy him a daily ticket for grayling fly fishing somewhere in our area. We live close to Blandford Forum and I read here about River Frome in Wareham, but it looks like there is not enough to fish for. Can you please advise which websites I could visit/where to go to so that I could buy such a ticket for him? He is an experienced fly fisherman and his favourite fish is grayling and brown trout, he prefers rivers than still water. There’s one big problem however – he doesn’t have here his waders, so will be able to fish from a bank only (is there any possibility to borrow waders when buying such a ticket?).

I look forward to any good advice. Thanks a lot.

Nick Lynch

Reaction score
Buy the man some cheapwaders to take on his surprise trip./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifAs for the day ticket water, I can't help you, except try googling 'River Frome flyfishing'.

Bea Ashrei

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice, but I hope there's something more than just River Frome, where he could go fishing.I've googled the information first and I found this forum in the hope I would get some advice on what I wrote before. As I said previously - I'm hoping that I'd be taken seriously even though I'm not a fisherman/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

S

Shrek

You might have more success on this forum:

FlyForums

Failing that, have you searched Yellow Pages for any tackle shops in Wareham? If not, it would be worth doing that as they may well be able to help you.

Bea Ashrei

Reaction score
Thank you for the links, that's been helpful/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif. October is the best season for fishing for grayling (as far as I know), so I just want to make him a small surprise; buying waders I'll leave for another time.

Bea Ashrei

Reaction score
Nick, once again thanks for the link to the club, I've already bought the ticket!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Have a look at this link for the Lower Itchen (near Southampton Airport):

Lower Itchen Fishery

It's not too far from Blandford and provides some stunning Trout and Grayling fishing on a superb river. It's also from the bank, no wading required. The Grayling are there in largenumbers from ounces to 3lb+.

Not sure of your budget or timing but day ticket fly fishing for Grayling commences on 14th Oct for £36.50.