Pike on the fly

Wanderingnotlost

Reaction score
Hello,
My wife and I will be backpacking the UK from Bristol, far north to the Shetland islands. We begin our trek June 8th and continue till late August (2019). I have packed a fly rod and would really like to land a pike on the fly. If I can land a 30 inch pike I’d be stoked but topping my grandfathers all time best at 46 inches would be icing on the cake. After some forum research I discovered several lochs that are said to hold good pike. I am still slightly unaware of the permits required and how that works. The lochs I have discovered are in the Dumfries and Aviemore area. (Three lochs, Garwachie, Mossdale, Kirk).....(Morlich, Alvie, Insh) I have seen forum posts mentioning the fishing being far better the further north you go...??? We will have the equipment to camp remotely if there are areas to fish that require a days hike. Anyways I will try my luck and would love to hear any input as well as connect with anyone who would like to share a day/two of fishing or outdoor activities. Thank you!
(I also love photographing animals)