Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5

Default Lockdown indulgence...

Faced with the prospect of no salmon fishing until April 2021, what did I do? Treated myself to a secondhand Hardy Demon 9000 Salmon Fly Reel. Lovely bit of engineering and it will match the one I already have as it’s always handy to have two rods set up to enable a quick change of line density and method (or in the event of a breakage) The reel uses plastic cassette spools and, in my opinion, has been often copied but never bettered including by Hardy themselves.

Default Re: Lockdown indulgence...

I fear you're on a slippery slope.

I did similar with a Hardy Conquest and now I've got five of the bloody things
    Born to mow... Long grass is our enemy!

Fly reels and Centrepins, bit like apples and pears Steve. I only own one ‘pin but watch this space...

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

I would happily indulge myself but despite my very best efforts I simply cannot find anything I really want....let alone need.

Blog Entries

You should be very happy with the Hardy Demon John as the materials and build qulity are second to none.

I still use an old Hardy Marquis fly reel on occasion and it is as good today as the day it was made.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus