1st time

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Well would you believe it, the subject of the nanofibre rods comes up and only in the last few minutes am I able to give everyone some feedback.

Sharpes of Aberdeen have just launched a range of rods made from this revolutionary new material, called "Curran". It is claimed that they are 15% lighter than any other comparable top end of the market rod. Moreover it is also claimed that they are much much tougher.

The review is done in the Total Flyfisher magazine. What sounds most interesting is the fact that it tends to stiffen up when loaded with high density lines. I am not sure what the reviewer is getting at here but my guess is that he or she is not an engineer. My other guess is that the more dense sinking lines having less air resistance will perhaps cause the rod to load up quicker. This was a property that split caned possessed.

If the rod has this property and weighs so much less than ordinary carbon fibre then maybe, just maybe, Sharpes have achieved the Holy Grail.

The only down side to this whole exercise is the the price of the rod tested, a 9 1/2 foot 7 weight, is £490.00

OUCH!!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Have a word with Bugs Bunny ..... he might have some inside information

C

Colin North, the one and only

Here's a tip england:

Don't take any 'bait' to Bewl. Its a "fly only" fishery.