Pennine Trout Fishery

Peter West

Reaction score
Dusted the old rods of and went to Pennine, first time fly fishing for 18 months, had a good day 4 hours and got my quota, just ruined by three knob heads shouting accros lake to each other swearing all the time,

Morespiders

Reaction score
Ha-Ha, it can be that sort of place if your unlucky on the day you choose, should have gone on the other lake they were not on.

Arseholes!!/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Peter West

Reaction score
Hi All. Woobly face, never heard of Clegg Hall will look it up, have a good day Lee, fish seemed to spread all over, but most action was on the left hand wall as you walk on near nets, morespiders your right arseholes, it is a nice place though with hills in background, think i might book myself a few casting lessons though, had lessons when i first stared out about 5 years ago, nice bloke called Rob Horsfall, sadly passed away now, but theirs someone near me in Chorley, who happened to be on TV lastnight on countrywise fishing River Wharfe,

theirwellkid

Reaction score
pennine is a good fishery and its rare to find knobheads on there, you must have just been unlucky on the day peter. a 26lb rainbow came out of there last week..

clegg hall is also a very good fishery and my personal favourite of the 2, (im lucky enough to live just 10 minutes from either of them). there is more water to go at and more space to cast your line. its also recently been restocked with plenty of specimen fish!!
mick carr, the fishery manager will gladly give you some casting lessons for a very reasonable price if you give him a ring peter, the number is 07842 704876. the fishery is situated on dyehouse lane in rochdale.

hope to see you on there one day peter