First go

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Just got back in from my first actual fly session - the other being a 1/2 hour dry run to practise casting in a filed.

Caught ..........................................wait for it.................................. nothing, but I'd like to think my casting got a bit better - not sure fly fishing in the rain is the way to catch but I enjoyed it and it got me out on the river

CAT

Reaction score
Nice one My lord!

Which river have you been on mate were you local?

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I've not tried it out on the river yet but I've had a couple of sessions on a reservoir and some much needed guidance at the fly fish-in a couple of years ago. And then again from a few very kind people at a fishery early last year.

I've only ever caught a fish at the fishery, I feel that there is a lot more practice to be done yet but I'm up for the challenge.

You'll get one at press manor if not before, the way the rod bends is alarming.

S

Shrek

"the way the rod bends is alarming"

No, that's the best bit!!!!!

CAT

Reaction score
Some nice Perch and Chub down on the Rother nr Beighton, i went on the Rother yesterday nr Chesterfield with the light spinning gear for a couple of hours managed a Chub last knockings its low and clear at the moment.

Carsington is fishing well from the bank millfield bay and sheep wash in particular, but if you go i would just get an evening ticket as the fish don't seem to switch on till 5 o'clock.