The Graham Marsden Retirement Mega Fish-In.

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Posted by Woody on another thread:

I pass over the river at least 4 times a week, but I'll be damned if I could find enough free space for two people to fish let alone holding a fish-in.

Mind you, they are more of a boozy do these days and to hell with any fishing so anywhere would be OK I suppose

As far as I am aware, this Fish-In was held for a specific purpose, that was to celebrate the retirement of FM's most respected editor. Was it a 'boozy' affair certainly, as any celebration would/should be. Was the fishing incidental, to a degree, but that didn't stop some of the participants having a a bl00dy good go.

The 'local' who asked if he could take over my swim when I packed up, told be he had recently fished 5 straight days/nights without a single fish. So the fact that 'our' boys caught as many as they did is a testament to just how hard they did try.

But like they always say, you really had to be there to appreciate that..................

Last edited:

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Reaction score
Posted by Woody on another thread:

I pass over the river at least 4 times a week, but I'll be damned if I could find enough free space for two people to fish let alone holding a fish-in.

Mind you, they are more of a boozy do these days and to hell with any fishing so anywhere would be OK I suppose

As far as I am aware, this Fish-In was held for a specific purpose, that was to celebrate the retirement of FM's most respected editor. Was it a 'boozy' affair certainly, as any celebration would/should be. Was the fishing incidental, to a degree, but that didn't stop some of the participants having a a bl00dy good go.

The 'local' who asked if he could take over my swim when I packed up, told be he had recently fished 5 straight days/nights without a single fish. So the fact that 'our' boys caught as many as they did is a testament to just how hard they did try.

But like they always say, you really had to be there to appreciate that..................

Well said Kevin ......

The Bone Collector

Reaction score
Lets have a popularity poll on the site for all posters, Mods, and Eds

Corker can set it up he is good at that.

Most popular

Least popular

Going on holiday now see you all in two weeks. :D

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Last edited:

The Monk

Reaction score
great pictures and vids Wendi, I noticed Steve also had the tidiest bivvy on site, the advantages of taking a lovely lady fishing.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
great pictures and vids Wendi, I noticed Steve also had the tidiest bivvy on site, the advantages of taking a lovely lady fishing.
All true..... but Monk, I've never seen you slip up like that before mate :eek: made me laugh though :D

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
The two other clips are of the guys trying to bait my swim with esterberry boilies. Slime has been brought up on those crazy golf courses down in Torquay :D

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Yes mate, I've never seen so many hookers in the same place! :wh
And the tits wasted my secret esterberries!

(I know they were slicing, or were they fading? Open limp wrists, but hookers was better ;))

:D

The Monk

Reaction score
@ I've never seen so many hookers in the same place!@

You don`t get out enough mate