The Graham Marsden Retirement Mega Fish-In.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Nice write up Kevin, I've heard stories about Botox Barney before but didn't believe till now :eek: :D

The Monk

Reaction score
A brilliant write up Mr Perkins and up to your usual wonderful standard and it was indeed a great privillage to meet you too, much younger looking than I had imagined. Yep Steves stunning looks no doubt get him a lot of female attention, thanks goodness he cant catch fish too, lol I must admit I did wonder myself what happened to the third goat?

Reaction score
Brilliant write up Kevin..and as a team the OTOSOTL boys outscored the OTCSOTL boys handsomely...where C is an anagram of carp. Our catch rate was 60 % and more than one species...and we haven't included Stealph who was in the OTOBOTOSOTL club.

---------- Post added at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:55 ----------

And just one slightly disturbing image.....that photo of Graham with his lovely cake. Look in the background....look at Steve Spiller...what has he got in his mouth, what is he doing with it and why does he look SO happy?

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I wish i had a bloody clue what all this OTOBL;AHDEBLAH bollox meant but as i haven't i'll be damned if i make a TIT out of myself asking.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Very good Kevin ;)

I thought Wols spod and rod were cr*p too, but I didn't want to say anything :D

Went through the flicker and I don't think there was one pic were the Monk wasn't smiling and what a cheeky smile it is too.....
No wonder he's managed to lure so many ruffe slappers into his bivvy...

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Terrific write-up Kevin; little wonder you were one of my favourite wordsmiths for FM - and I still think your Donald and Damian series was the best of the lot.

Your article befitted an event that was all at the same time, wonderful, weird, whacky and Wol at his very best. He worked away at that barbie like a man possessed, but always with good humour. Bless him!

But I shouldn't single out any individual as every last one of you made it an event to be remembered, just like every single one of you make this website a very special place. My retirement fish-in will certainly be one of my most treasured memories and one of my most humbling experiences.

I've been asked repeatedly to start work and retire all over again so that we can have a re-run of the mega fish-in, but that will never happen; I'm enjoying my retirement far too much.

However, Mrs Bone Collector (Christine), has made the best suggestion yet, which is to run it all over again next year for all those who can't remember what happened this year.

So that's OK then, for that covers just about all of us!

Thanks a million for a fantastic send-off. I truly appreciated it.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Very impressive (not to say quick) Kevin. Pretty much the perfect written companion to a very special weekend.

I was proud to join the OSOTL club, proud to blank in such esteemed company. I might have had one bleep on the alarm, it was definately the left hand rod because when I packed up on Sunday I realised I never switched the right hand alarm on at all!

The Monk

Reaction score
Very good Kevin ;)

I thought Wols spod and rod were cr*p too, but I didn't want to say anything :D

Went through the flicker and I don't think there was one pic were the Monk wasn't smiling and what a cheeky smile it is too.....
No wonder he's managed to lure so many ruffe slappers into his bivvy...

haha, I try mate, I try

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

Very impressive (not to say quick) Kevin. Pretty much the perfect written companion to a very special weekend.

I was proud to join the OSOTL club, proud to blank in such esteemed company. I might have had one bleep on the alarm, it was definately the left hand rod because when I packed up on Sunday I realised I never switched the right hand alarm on at all!

yeah but just think of the money you saved on batteries Neil

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Graham,

I think I can speak for everyone here, we all turned up to see you off in style, because you deserved it. There aint many like you Boss, you gave us all FishingMagic, I'll bet you never imagined it would take off like it did all those years ago.

For me, FishingMagic opened a whole new world, I've made countless lifelong friends. Without FishingMagic that wouldn't have happened, so I am eternally indebted to you. Thank you Boss, you are excellant angler, a wise old bird and a gentleman.

Enjoy a very happy, prosperous and long retirement mate.

See you next year for part 2 :D

Last edited:

J K

Reaction score
Good write up Kevin. I fished OTOSOTL next to Stealph on Saturday and blanked. But what a great weekend and all the best in your retirement Graham.

Reaction score
A superb write-up for a superb weekend.

Cheers Kevin, great to see you again:)

Happy retirement Guv, see you next year for part 2...

When we will have installed RoSPA compliant steps in Jim's swim to facilitate the successful transit of very enthusiastic former FM editors to activated bream rods... :j