EA News: 1) Anglers hooked in crackdown on fishing without a licence. 2)Wales : Warning to restaurants on buying fish

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
The EA will review each ticket and decide whether to prosecute?

Surely it is simple - if an offence ticket was issued, prosecute.
No licence - maximum fine.
Fishing where you're not allowed to - maximum fine.
fishing with three rods and one licence - maximum fine.

It's not difficult to buy and read a licence - penalise those that don't bother. Why should some potentially get away with it after being caught?

kamen

Reaction score
What the......what kind of article is that?! Whoever wrote it needs a great big kick up the bum (I can't really type what I want here, as it's a not just adults who can view). Actually, what kind of poo is that?!

"The bank holiday crackdown was part of ongoing patrols to ensure anglers stick to the rules. Since 1 April 2010, Environment Agency bailiffs have checked about 2,600 anglers for licences at more than 500 locations."

You are having a laugh, surely. Are these figues to be proud of? I ain't no rocket scientist, but that works out at checking 5.2 licences per location! let alone the locations that they found no anglers at (do garden ponds count?). And all that in 6 months? Go to any half decent commercial and you'll find more anglers than that (2,600) in a couple of months (if not a month).

"Chris Reeds, environment officer at the Environment Agency, said: “The results of the Bank Holiday blitz show that the message is getting through – if you are fishing without a valid licence, you will be caught"

hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa