Bobbing About at Blenheim

Reaction score
Far too much frivolities if you ask me. There's no wonder they caught nowt. I suspect the stiff breeze brought on Spider's salty nose drip, which turned the lake brackish and the fish just went off...

r1paul

Reaction score
Having not met Skippy before , I wasn`t sure who I would find , but didn`t expect a big geezer , dressed as a pirate , waving a pistol about , with a parrot on his shoulder.:eek:
There`s too much to mention in one post , so I will just do the highlights as I see them .
Slime in his pirate gear, with a ferret on his shoulder , I must say that he had got the walk right , he was rolling from side to side:w .
He did moan that he was robbed by the guy who sold him the eye patch ,
he had told Slime that it was polarised .:D
I met Moneyspiders ( Derek ) and had a little chat , a bit later as I was unloading the van and he came back with a wad of handmade floats and said , " here take one of these " , I`m not sure if I had my mind on other things or I was just being a bit thick , but I had it in my mind that it was a case of " drawing the shortest straw " for some reason .:confused: :eek:
I was to partner Uncle Dave , but yet again I had never met him before , so I was going around asking , " anybody seen Uncle Dave?" , Dave was the last to turn up , a big guy ( well anybody is big compared to me ) , a jolly looking bloke who turned out to be a great laugh , and a very nice man who rowed both out and back:cool:
I think I will leave it there at the moment and post more later .:D

Morespiders

Reaction score
Quite an accurate write up Mr Skipworth, in fact very good, no mention of socks this year which was a relief, Uncle kept them on.

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

Did Poshers not bring the port and stilton - he's submitted a claim for £50 to Spiders for it:eek:

Mr Smith didnt go M/lud, so i kept the £50, and used it sparingly over the weekend

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:41 ----------

I met Moneyspiders ( Derek ) and had a little chat , a bit later as I was unloading the van and he came back with a wad of handmade floats and said , " here take one of these " , I`m not sure if I had my mind on other things or I was just being a bit thick , but I had it in my mind that it was a case of " drawing the shortest straw " for some reason .:confused: :eek:

You did get the short straw Les, the one you picked was the only one that sinks.

slime monster

Reaction score
Very accurate account .......I'm told ,well done mate

I have some pics and will get them to you asap , if you PM me your EMail addy it would help in speeding that process.
I am still a physical wreck following the fish in .

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Very accurate account .......I'm told ,well done mate

I have some pics and will get them to you asap , if you PM me your EMail addy it would help in speeding that process.
I am still a physical wreck following the fish in .

What do you mean ? You were a physical wreck before the fish in.

How's the rat ?

Reaction score
Sounds a brilliant weekend. Nice write up Skippy.

I'll have to try and make this one next year, the venue sounds stunning and tench and perch are two of my favourite species.

Really glad there's no pics of Derek in (or indeed out of) his pants! :)

Reaction score
Really glad there's no pics of Derek in (or indeed out of) his pants!

That can be arranged...at a price. We'll send you two invoices one for not releasing the photos and one to release the photos...just decide which one you can afford to pay!!!

Port and Stilton Club Benevolent Fund

"Blessed are the Cheese Makers"

Reaction score
That can be arranged...at a price. We'll send you two invoices one for not releasing the photos and one to release the photos...just decide which one you can afford to pay!!!

Port and Stilton Club Benevolent Fund

"Blessed are the Cheese Makers"

I could probably rustle up a vat of Malmsey wine and a surfeit of lampreys? :j

Reaction score
always enjoyable when can visualise the scene and occurences.

Spiders in his grundies and little else "always enjoyable when you can visualise the scene".

I've got to hand it to you folk. 5 years as a member and I hadn't got an inkling just what sort of forum this really was..you lot are very good!! And I thought when you were talking about swingers it was an in-depth discussion on bite indication.

J K

Reaction score
What a good write up Skippy and certain parts very diplomatically described. A thoroughly enjoyable weekend in excellent company. :w

A pleasure to meet up with some old faces again and to meet some more new ones.

A few more fish and less wind would have been nice.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Dont miss the new "improved" article complete with additional pics [courtesy of Slime] featuring Uncle Dave in all his multi coloured glory and the Golden Temple of the Dalai Spiders.

I cannot believe that after all the trouble I went to nobody took a picture of yours truly in full pirate regalia.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Spiders in his grundies and little else "always enjoyable when you can visualise the scene".

I've got to hand it to you folk. 5 years as a member and I hadn't got an inkling just what sort of forum this really was..you lot are very good!! And I thought when you were talking about swingers it was an in-depth discussion on bite indication.

I'm glad the weather at Dam Flask is alway cold when we fish it - the sight described above would turn the port sour

We must never arrange a PaSC fish in in the Summer

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I have to say the pirate has a way with words! All done in short order as well.

The wizzened old fool must have loads of stories tucked away in his treasure chest of past and present forays. Surely he can find some of them that are suitable for publication on here?

Please.......

:cool: