Review - Des Taylor Pen Pocket Rocket Pro Rod

tortoise100

Reaction score
I have two on order from hong kong for £11 each but you do have to read all the small print in order to get the right one the same as dess's . I think the £30 is basically paying for the match entry no mater what dess say's they are the same rods and reels though I can't find the rear drag reels for sale .
Me and my brother in law have decided to get each other one for Christmas saves on shopping and we both get something fun instead of socks or whatever.
I handled one of these in mullarkeys that's why I know they are the same rods don't know if anybody else has noticed that anything des promotes for grand slam has an extra few quid on it over the same thing from another manufacture that has to be dess's cut ,good on him he has a cracking deal but then I suppose he does free advertising for them every week in AT.

Just for the record Dess Tailor is one of my favorite writers in AT when ever he stops his blatant self promotion or product placement which he does every now and then.

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
I've got one of these.

It's been very useful when fishing with my three year old son, as kids that age have a bit of trouble handling anything longer. PLUS it really bends, like Jeff says... so even a very small perch will make itself felt. It also means that I can get everything we need for a session in a very small backpack, which means we can easily travel to whatever venue has been selected on a pushbike with him on a seat on the back, which is a right laugh in itself.

Worth getting too if you just wanted to have something in the boot of the car for those moments when you're out and about somewhere, cross a piece of water and think "i wish i had a rod with me!"