Update from FishingMagic HQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Hewitt

Administrator
Reaction score
Moderation

I do appreciate you are trying to resolve an issue here but if moderation is the problem then I am surprised our survey did not indicate this?

If there have been issues in the past then I am happy to apologise for that and to review our moderation proceedures to see if they need to be improved. I don't see much point in going over old ground unless I am made aware of something specific that needs addressing.

If any member who has 'left' wishes to contact me I will of course show them respect (as I do everyone) and try to resolve any issues and make FM an even better place to spend time.

Richard

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Whilst I realise some people have issues of various kinds with FM I would like to say I find the site excellent and very enjoyable to use.
I use the Forum(my main involvement)and look at this on a daily basis.Generally speaking the subject matter is wide and varied so I pick and choose what subjects are of interest.
I don't contribute(by way of articles etc)nor do I engage in'fish-ins' or know anyone personally as a result from belonging to FM,but all this is by choice.

I have read and digested the post by Richard H and find I am satisfied with what FM is tring to do and the way the site is run.Personally I believe the 'mods' do a good job and whilst they might not get everything right all of the time what action is taken has always seemed reasonable to me(IMHO).

With any site if this type people are bound to move on(for whatever reason)and that is unfortunate BUT the site must always be bigger than its members and on no account bow to those who call for the removal of others that don't share a point of view.....

This is my opinion and as such not really open for debate although many will disagree...

I hope FM continues to grow and I support it 100%

Roto Fryer

Reaction score
Tee-Cee no members = no site for you to read! how can any site be bigger than its members>? a site is its members!!!
Richard how can you survey people who are not here?
Like i said ostrich syndrome & you get told what you want to hear!

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Roto Fryer.....as I said,its MY opinion.........I've written what I believe and nothing more!

Surely you can understand we all see things in different ways and in this case I don't agree with what you say BUT you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

You don't know me otherwise you would understand that I give due thought to what I write before I do so and never write what someone'might want to hear'(why would I?).......perhaps you find it too hard to comprehend that someone doesn't follow YOUR line of argument-if thats what it is..................

I'm sure FM will still be around long after you've moved on..........LOL

Roto Fryer

Reaction score
Tee-Cee you are mistaken if you believe this site is bigger than its members. There is no magazine that is called fishingmagic that brings in the money, This site is an entity on its own and as a result the members make it or break it: no members = no advertising =no site,
That is not a flawed argument for the sake of it, it is fact! Disagree if you wish but if you think about it you will see that I'm right.

An online version of a magazine does not need a forum as they are the most expensive part of a site to run. Take away the forum and this site runs for approximately 10% of what it costs now.The online readers are given a taste of the magazine and hopefully buy it and advertisers are given and extra audience.

FM needs people contributing otherwise it is not viable. The people who do this are the members.

Last edited:

Roto Fryer

Reaction score
Nigel it is a delicate balancing act between the commercial interests and the content.
Get it wrong and there may be a major problem. We have all seen sites die because of a lack of any meaningful new content.

To answer you question the owners must decide whether their representatives or their major contributors are more important.

Richard Hewitt

Administrator
Reaction score
Riddles

Nigel it is a delicate balancing act between the commercial interests and the content.
Get it wrong and there may be a major problem. We have all seen sites die because of a lack of any meaningful new content.

To answer you question the owners must decide whether their representatives or their major contributors are more important.

To answer your last point both are equally important and are in many cases the same people. I have repeatedly said how much we value the Members and their contributions.

On the basis the buck stops here I been very specific that if anyone has a major gripe then email me and I will do the best I can to resolve the issue.
What more can I say? If you don't ask me then I can do nothing.

Why not email me on directors@fishandfly.com and I will try to resolve your specific difficulties and hopefully enable us to move forward without all this negativity.

Richard

Roto Fryer

Reaction score
To answer your last point both are equally important and are in many cases the same people. I have repeatedly said how much we value the Members and their contributions.

On the basis the buck stops here I been very specific that if anyone has a major gripe then email me and I will do the best I can to resolve the issue.
What more can I say? If you don't ask me then I can do nothing.

Why not email me on directors@fishandfly.com and I will try to resolve your specific difficulties and hopefully enable us to move forward without all this negativity.

Richard
Richard the people with the gripe have gone!
They will not read your posts!
Therin lies your problem and they have gone because of your staff.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Richard the people with the gripe have gone!
They will not read your posts!
Therin lies your problem and they have gone because of your staff.

Most, but not all, have signed in several times recently (which is good news as there is still interest in what's going on). They don't have to sign in to view this particular thread.

I am very confident that those directly involved will have full knowledge of this thread and more importantly the content and openess of Richards statement.

I honestly hope those involved, most of whom I've met personally and consider mates, will review and reconsider. I'm also confident conversations have/will take place - unfortunately some will be negatively driven regardless of the facts - but each will have to make their own decisions.

noknot

Reaction score
So after six pages, and still with NO conclusion, what is the way forward?

Because this is going nowhere as I see it....

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It shouldn't need to go anywhere noknot!
The minority should never rule, if they've gone, they've gone, the rest of us can get on with enjoying Fishing Magic or go, if we don't.

It's all down to choice.

noknot

Reaction score
It shouldn't need to go anywhere noknot!
The minority should never rule, if they've gone, they've gone, the rest of us can get on with enjoying Fishing Magic or go, if we don't.

It's all down to choice.

Fred, I agree 100% however it looks like others have a different idea.

Roto Fryer

Reaction score
yep the sheep have it!
I have run and built enough sites to know a whitewash when I see one.

preston96

Reaction score
I think that steep climb on the graph was just at the height of discontent amongst the "old" FMers..........controversy breeds interest! :wh

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Roto Fryer...just come back to this thread......lets agree to differ eh?

What I would like you to do is give it a few months and then see where FM is....I suggest its worth giving it a chance-don't you??

I would also like to see 'the departed' return but accept that some never will..thats life I'm afraid ...........

Explain 'whitewash when I see one' please!

preston96

Reaction score
Yeah, come back Roto!.........the Graph needs another "whitewash" :D;)

Status
Not open for further replies.