Lateralisation in Fish and the Possible Implications for Anglers

quickcedo

Reaction score
A good read Mathew. Quite how this can be used I'm still a little unsure however, on one of the underwater Barbel DVDs I have it clearly shows a fish entering the field and viewing the bait with it's right eye, it turns around the bait keeping it in view (with it's right eye) before picking it up and getting hooked. Thus seemingly confirming what you have said.
Pesonally the older I get the more I like the concept of NOT thinking so much as to why, but just accepting it does.
Thanks for the article though, Mark.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Matthew.

Thank you very much for explaining and putting this article in laymans terms. I found it much easier to understand.

If it helps anybody else, I will be using it to try and track down fish movements, and possibly be able to work out in which areas of a lake they could possibly visit at certain times. My thoughts could be completely wrong, but it is something else to work on in fish movements.

As I have said before, I am at a standstill as to what to try next when bites dry up. To me it is another area worth investigating.