Chasing The Ladies - Part Two

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
So true, Skippy; fishing takes us to places way beyond the experience of the majority, and at times when you might as well be the last person on Earth. What a wonderful way of life angling gives us; even the bad times are good. How many readers here, I wonder, have found themselves in situations almost beyond description? Purely experiential days or hours when even the finest pen could not hope to describe the reality of a particular predicament or joy? A rain-lashed Saturday night with a companion on the Upper Severn, for instance, might make for one hell of an experience, but it was Saturday...and you had the reassurance of a friend. Creep back there on a Monday night in November, alone, with a gale-force wind whomping through the trees and you have an experience, an atmosphere beyond the average punter's comprehension; you could never hope to describe - verbally or in writing - the true nature of that night: it was beyond words. You caught nothing. The wind was high and, actually, very worrying. And it was close to pitch black. Just occasionally, a slither of moon was revealed by the parting clouds...thanks, Skippy; I MUST get over to your neck of the woods again soon - it looks and sounds great.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
like I said the last time I saw you skippy , I enjoyed part 1, and asked you when part 2 was coming out?
You were a little busy catching the quality roach on offer .......

as anticipated , I thoroughly enjoyed part 2..........

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Simon

Thank you...and thank you for you sharing those roach with me. We must go back once this weather settles down a bit.

Cliff

That night in the summer I mentioned,sat on a wooden seat with two great mates,sharing a hipflask and just gazing open-mouthed at the night sky will stay with me forever. It was one of those intense moments when nothing else mattered...a real "now" moment.It was just stunning.

Sadly I wasn't there when Phil & Alex watched a thunderstorm lighting up Cader from the same seat. Oh how I wish I had been.

Skippy

---------- Post added at 22:18 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

Wonderful. But... "an Alabama tick"!! ?? :)

Good line innit. Nicked it from "Predator".