Perch Hunting : on big waters.

chav professor

Reaction score
Another inspirational piece Danny, perch of that size must be a sight to behold. Stunning photographs too. I fear that my lure lust will emerge once again. There is nothing more exciting than catching fish on throbbing bits of wood and plastic.

David Marrs

Reaction score
Great article Danny, very interesting indeed mate.

I wonder, are you like me and actually enjoy being out and about in the boat almost as much as the fishing itself?

dannytaylor

Reaction score
Love messing around in boats, and if your not catching its just good being out in the fresh air with stunning scenery. A boat is a great way of getting up close and personal with wildlife ive been lucky enough to see an otter and her cubs swim around the boat. Once i was moored up alongside a reedbed and a red deer nearly clambered into the boat, nearly died of a heart attack LOL. Its surprising how good at swimming deer are, ive seen them swimming across lochs in the early morning.

Last year i finally saw a sight which i have long wanted to see, an osprey hunting and diving into the water before surfacing with a fish in its talons. Priceless memories sometimes more special than the capture of even the biggest of fish :w

Morespiders

Reaction score
Last year i finally saw a sight which i have long wanted to see, an osprey hunting and diving into the water before surfacing with a fish in its talons. Priceless memories sometimes more special than the capture of even the biggest of fish :w
Good article Danny, get out in a boat on Eshthwaite you can see that every day, a site to behold