A Wild Day on Malham Tarn

dannytaylor

Reaction score
Great article sean. Kind of how im viewing fishing at the moment. Malham Tarn looks the perfect venue for targeting wild fish in wild surroundings.

The Perch are in stunning condition :w

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Nice write up Sean.
Fished the Tarn once myself with the wife. Great day out, though quite some years ago. Fast sinking wet line with Daddies did the trick that day, though not by me and the wife. We struggled using 18s black gnats.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Sean, you're a brave man. I've spent a fair bit of time in the Malham area once upon a long ago but I never had any inclination to fish the Tarn. It's that bit too wild for me and I hate boats.
For those a little further north that would like a similar experience, without the boats and fly tackle, might I suggest Semerwater.

Rickrod

Reaction score
A nice article Sean. The perch looks mint. Never fished the tarn walked around it a few times.

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Thanks guys. It was one of thse days when you got totally absorbed in the experience, not just the fishing. I'm certain that the perch would never have been caught before as it's several years since bait fishing was allowed and they are rarely targetted on the fly. The photo doesn't do Steve's trout justice though as it was a really big fish that was still hollow after a hard winter.

Skoda

Reaction score
Thoroughly good read Sean; I had to put a sweater on and comb my hair after reading it! Sounded like a great day out in difficult circumstances; I reckon strong wind is the most difficult of conditions and consequently any successes should be multiplied accordingly; cracking perch.

Andy

watatoad

Reaction score
Thank you, as someone who can no longer get to wild places in search of great prey, may I say as I read I had the feeling of being there with you on the boat. Really great many thanks for a great read and a wonderful experience.