Ian Welch Meets Roy Marlow

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
I'm a little confused, ok Yes, you met Roy Marlow. How does this help FM and the rest of the Members other than to say you met Roy Marlow ??

I was expecting a bit more about fishing and his tactics.

I've seen roy's vidoes on how to tie Knots in the Past and they have helped me to tie better knots and knots i have more confidence in.

Is Roy joining the FM Team or am i missing something completely :confused:

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
I did try to Matt, however the built in speaker on my PC is pants at the best of time and i struggled to hear it, so gave up after a couple of minutes. Yes the volume was as high as it will go.

Was it much more different than the titbits already mentioned in the written article ?

Did i miss anything really exciting ?

B

Berty

i had the same problem Steph..........then lost interest, if i wanted to listen i would turn the radio on.

I'll never get in the new Clique will i :(

Last edited:

barbelboi

Reaction score
Mmmm... to get a decent play back I stuck my earphones into the laptop (the sound quality is usually good enough without them).

B

Berty

All in all..........how do you all rate it on a scale of 1 to 10?

I'll give it foive

Minus 4.5!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Podcast opened automatically for me via the Audio Player (I'm running Windows 7). But even with the volume at 100% the conversation was barely audible. Need to sort that out before the next instalments!

The Likely Lads were the team for me back in the 70's. Came across them in various guises at all sorts of venues so I hope this glitch can be fixed as I would love to hear a bit from Roy about that era.

10/10 for effort
2/10 for execution

:(

chav professor

Reaction score
All a bit negative?? perhaps podcasts are beyond the average 'silver surfer'....................

Now before I head for the blast proof bunker)........

On a serious (and less offensive note:D) its all about depth and breadth - FM is an online magazine. like any fishing mag, there are articles that engage and those you flick past. The podcast idea is very good - and roy marlow is and has been for some time, a big mover and shaker in the angling world.

I was really interested to hear Roy's take on how and why fishing has changed since the 70's.

The advantage FM has over traditional angling publications is that we can contribute in lots of different ways. that means writing and submitting articles as well as engaging on forum banter.

By the way, it worked perfectly well on my computer
monotype.jpg

Perhaps its time for Bletchley park to upgrade 'collosus'.......

Bluenose

Reaction score
Perhaps it should be jibbit, an immigrant word in Germany for a joint so perhaps he'll smoke a joint. I heard it.

Sorry not familiar with drug speak!

jib it= 'do the dustin' or 'do the hoffman' or do the offski=go=leave.. etc

So if someone is to 'jib' the site they will leave the site.

'I'm jibbing it' means I'm going, leaving, etc. Nothing whatsoever to do with drug taking.

Hope that helps.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Sorry not familiar with drug speak!
Urban Dictionary :
A word for "joint", used by arabian immigrants in Germany.
Wenn du das hörst, bau dir 'n Jibbit, schmeck die Nachtluft fahr durch die City! - Haftbefehl

---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:21 ----------

By the way, it worked perfectly well on my computer Click the image to open in full size.
I remember working on those in the 70s! Why don't you upgrade to a newer Amstrad?

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
My state of the art sound system is perfect for all my gaming needs and for Hi Def streaming. The podcast is just about audible at 100% via headphones and surround sound!

Something is not quite right!

:)