If I Really Wanted to Mess Things Up

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
So if you are an average angler and not yet a member of the ATr, you are part of the problem.
(I don't include those who choose not to join through political choice, these are usually very informed people and we all have that option)

chav professor

Reaction score
the 'Green' agenda is an industry and government driven agenda to manipulate the general public into parting with more cash. Solar panel companies are going out of business hand over fist as the reality dawns that the savings consumers make over the lifetime of the investment barely breaks even.

Its a con and hydro power is a white elephant that will cause irreparable damage spun around a lie based on the 'green' movements carefully worded spin... Those in local government will welcome such initiatives and sway an indifferent general public as it brings investment, jobs and green credentials and no doubt a few wads directly or indirectly into someone's sweaty palms.

Only an organization like the Angling trust has any chance to present a balanced argument, fund credible research and voice our concerns.....

If you wait till one is proposed on YOUR river, it will be too late........

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yet always be aware of the easy "Cloud cuckoo land" demonization of Greens and Greenness, for it is done by corporations, big business, flat-earthers and balance-sheet bottom-liners (and their well-bought attack-dogs and lackeys) to make the masses think "Yeah ... what can I do when I'm just struggling to make ends meet ... out-of-touch wonkers!".

So easily done.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I don't think we should try that comparison Chav, it muddies the water. A lot of conventional power company sponsored rumours are trying to diss Green energy and solar for obvious reasons. A pal of mine had solar fitted last year. When I asked him recently how they were working out he told me: "The solar panels are good. Even in cold sunny weather I get 4Kw from them, which is enough to stop my electricity meter in its tracks and feed power back into the grid, for which I get paid."
I think he worked it out as a 13% return on his money which in this day and age is very, very good.

So a solar panel array on everyone's roof would be a much better alternative to to this ridiculous proposed hydro scheme, especially with our ongoing climate change. I can't see the carbon-fuel lobby backing it though :wh

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Its a difficult one this for me ,I like the idea of clean power but I dont like the idea of killing our rivers.
Especially when its sounds like they are just token efforts that make people money .
Nuclear plants give me jitters but so does oil, wind power sounds alright but its apparently not upto the job ,hydro powers knacker up eco systems what to do ?
You would think joint party action would want to see us have the truth .Basically which will not kill us the fastest please.

chav professor

Reaction score
I don't think we should try that comparison Chav, it muddies the water. A lot of conventional power company sponsored rumours are trying to diss Green energy and solar for obvious reasons. A pal of mine had solar fitted last year. When I asked him recently how they were working out he told me: "The solar panels are good. Even in cold sunny weather I get 4Kw from them, which is enough to stop my electricity meter in its tracks and feed power back into the grid, for which I get paid."
I think he worked it out as a 13% return on his money which in this day and age is very, very good.

So a solar panel array on everyone's roof would be a much better alternative to to this ridiculous proposed hydro scheme, especially with our ongoing climate change. I can't see the carbon-fuel lobby backing it though :wh

It USED to be a good investment, because the Government issued grants. Now consumers have to pay the full cost and the benefits if any existed in the first place have all but disappeared. Panels have a lifespan of between 10-15 years? Sounds like its all a bit of smoke blown up somewhere uncomfortable.

Its the quick fix we need, not dribs and drabs...... got to be nuclear power IMO. If i remember correctly, industry, air and sea transport account for nearly all significant emissions of CO2, but we have been hood winked into feeling that high tax on fuel is 'green' and if we cut down on car journeys we are all doing our bit.

Felixstowe port expansion will probably go ahead to encourage the import of more food, toys and electrical goods from around the globe..... Airports will continue to open more runways to meet the anticipated demands on tourism....... perhaps they may even offer to help build some hydroelectric plants as part of a government backed mitigation project.

Last edited: