Laguna SAC™ Juice (bait activator)

chav professor

Reaction score
looks a very interesting product indeed!! I am more than happy to boost the attraction of my hookbaits - looks worth a go....

guest61

Reaction score
'Read all about the world's first 'Glycerite' liquid bait additive, perfect for low temperature fishing to minus 46.5 °.....'

Minus 46.5 °C :eek: Hardcore angling indeed.

jasonbean1

Reaction score
i'm not knocking this bait additive....but after years of fishing and trying many different additives i can honestly say that i have come to the conclusion that i dont need them because they do not catch me more fish.

a simple halibut pellet, carp pellet, maggot, worm, off the shelf boilie, slice of bread, hemp, tare, caster, sweetcorn, and theres many more basics that applied at the right time in the right swim will catch the fish and no amount of wonder additive will alter or improve that. the only thing i have a tendancy for is chilli powder in the winter(re: CG)

even down to groundbaits, continintal type off the shelf bags are more than good enough and the majority of the time adding 50% brown or white crumb makes them better not worste/diluted.

carpers/specy guys may disagree with there wonder potions for boilies/dips...but give me the evidence that an additive will catch me more fish than not using one and i'll quite happily do a u turn.

cheers
jason

Will Barnard

Reaction score
I will say how impressed with this stuff I am. I prepared a tin of luncheon meat for a recent tench session, half the tin I froze after covering it in the green lipped mussel, the other half, I did the same but with hemp.
The bit that impressed the most was how well the stuff had permeated into the meat and as the meat thawed it really had taken on the juice well.

The other thing I like is the fact that the smells are a) not over bearing and b) very true smelling.

For the record, I had 6 tench that day, 2 on the mussel and 4 on the hemp. was it the glug? who knows? I felt confident though.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I am with Mr Bean on this one. Bait is bait as it comes. Flavours, glugs and additives why? All in the mind innit, and an expensive total waste of time and money IMO.

laguna

Reaction score
Quite right that some are skeptical, and with good reason, so I thought I should clear up a few points and explain why SAC juice Glycerites are (totally) different...

There are possible exceptions, but I concluded 7 years ago that the vast majority of shop bought liquid additives, are made with artificial flavours, colours and preservatives, contain inferior liquid carriers, or have been processed with high heat and alcohol extractions which results in inactivated enzymes and denatured proteins.

Some manufacturers will be hoping mad right now, but these baits smell and look wonderful to us humans because that's what the industry wants - but beware, they will catch the angler before they will catch fish!
Such baits are nutritionally inferior, and are therefore, next to useless and will quickly blow.

Okay so that's my own personal beef of the industry, and I suspect many anglers will agree, but irrespective, one basic fact still remains...

If you can agree that liquids (being water-miscible) are detectable in water by fish olfactory senses, then you can see why they have much better potential than a solid bait - and especially one that has its flavour "locked in"?

Even a solid HNV bait cannot be as attractive (detectable) as a matching 'wetted' hookbait would be?

If you cannot agree to that basic principal then nothing will change your mind about liquid additives, but just to say that a "blown" bait (liquid or solid) is one that is artificial or which contains artificial ingredients or is nutritionally inferior in some way, will quickly work against you, of that there is no doubt.

But what if there's an alternative?

A natural bait will not blow if its intensity is not overpowering to trigger a negative reaction such as overdosing with essential oils for example.
Non-alcoholic extracts from real food ingredients using low heat, are far superior to even just fresh squeezed juice and are virtually impossible to overdose.

Liquids require either a longer production cycle at lower temperatures or are produced quickly and carelessly (more profitably) at elevated temperatures.
Sadly the majority are in the later category, probably the reason why some anglers without ever realising why, have lacked confidence in them before now?

Assuredly, the average production time for SAC juice Glycerites is VERY LONG 3-5 months (and as long as 12 months for Caramel, Molasses and Chocolate) at the lowest temperatures possible and are then amino fortified (containing all 10 essential amino acids) and predigested using 'activated' enzymes.

Nothing artificial, 100% pure and natural made from botanical, fish and animal extracts.

The final incubation period produces a "finished" Glycerite.

That's all, I hope they help you catch some good fish. :w

benny samways

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by benny samways
I wanted to overload with liquids; my theory being that this will leach out better as they are the same medium as the river! Again it could be tosh, but gave me confidence and caught me a few.

The liquid aspect of a bait is detectable and digestible, but the fibre unless seen is neither nor nither"!
Says a lot about liquid additives I think?

This was in the paste baits for chub thread.

You must have been agreeing with me but I thought you were knocking liquid additives:eek:mg::D

Dont use your native northern tongue on your marketing garb for this otherwise no one will understand;):w

Liquid baits are the way forward!

Will these liquid be suitable for using at really high levels? Im thinking in terms as a replacement for eggs

Last edited:

laguna

Reaction score
This was in the paste baits for chub thread.

You must have been agreeing with me but I thought you were knocking liquid additives:eek:mg::D

Dont use your native northern tongue on your marketing garb for this otherwise no one will understand;):w

Liquid baits are the way forward!

Will these liquid be suitable for using at really high levels? Im thinking in terms as a replacement for eggs

Okay, joking aside (yes it was a northern riddle, silly I know but was just a bit of fun), I really WAS agreeing with you - liquid baits are the way forward! :D

For paste or boilies?
You don't really need high levels of these liquids.
I think as long as you choose one with naturally high levels of bioavailable protein such as fishmeal, it is better than egg protein especially if the egg you would normally use has been boiled or subjected to heat in some way.

There are pros and cons, heat destroys enzymes and proteins but raw egg whites contain digestive enzyme inhibitors and anti-nutrient inhibitors trypsin, which can only be destroyed by high heat (boiling only reduces it by about 30%), raw egg whites also contain an anti-nutrient called avidin.
Avidin is a glycoprotein that binds with biotin (B vitamin), preventing its absorption. Biotin is necessary for fatty acid synthesis and the maintenance of blood sugar in humans, not sure how this might relate to fishes digestion but for these reason, and the fact that the amino acids are "locked in" I don't use egg whites at all.

Best bet IMHO is to avoid egg whites and use another binder such as PONDBOND or just use the egg yolk?
The yolk is rich in omega-3 fatty acid and lecithin and is slightly water soluble even when cooked.

jasonbean1

Reaction score
...shaking my head, is there where i've been going wrong all these years :) ?

Last edited:

chav professor

Reaction score
With winter once again approaching, my mind had turned to making cheese paste and pellet based pastes. just wanted to share a few thoughts/recipes.

Posh cheese paste:

Mixed a bottle of caramel SAC juice, 5ml of scopex mixing with Richworth 50/50 gold to make smooth uniform paste. I have combined this with my standard cheese paste mix comprising equal quantities of Danish blue cheese, extra strong chedder and pasty mix.

I have great faith in a sweetened cheese paste mix and have found creamy flavours compliment cheese paste effectively. I liked the idea of increaing the attraction of the bait further using SAC juice in a complimentary flavour.

My second mix which is currently made up in the freezer ready for an outing on the warwickshire avon is based on a pellet/krill based stick mix bag. this works out cheaper than using a boillie base mix and stinks to high heaven - perfect for a coloured river. to add a nice twist I have added liquidised Ox liver:

One egg, one 50ml bottle of SAC juice 'spicy hot', a pound of liquidised Ox liver (makes a lovely gloopy, bloody, enzyme rich mess in the liquidiser). I have added to this equal parts ground pellet and krill/shrimp stick mix. I like using stick mixes as they are by nature quite course and leach out attraction far more effectively than a simply smooth paste.

To this I have added a dash of Vision baits garlic and liver sausage flavour 'pot shot' style flavour attractants (contains betaine, liver extract, salmon oil, sweetner, etc).

Can't wait to give both pastes an outing!!!! will feedback:)

laguna

Reaction score
Wow! what a banquet you have made there Christian, it sounds really yummy.

Too much of a good thing?, adding several flavours could effectively detract from the base profile and dilute another is argued from time to time, I would personally encourage such practice as there is growing evidence from our research in test tanks that suggests a "real food" Glycerite [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycerite"]Glycerite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] will offer more nutritional value for fish (more attractive generally) but is then not target specific, I think that's the whole point of the argument.. not being target specific or selective?

That new Japanese firm (who shall remain nameless) have xxx number of ingredients in their baits so your not the first to try by no means.

I wish you all the very best on the Warickshire Avon with SAC juice and look forward to your honest feedback.

PM sent.

Last edited: