A Tenchfishers Progress – Part One

Paul Morley

Reaction score
Highly entertaining and probably a lot closer to most of our tench season experiences than another 'name' with a double figure fish from 'a southern gravel pit'. Certainly mine has been awful and nothing like as funny.

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Great stuff. No pushing of brands of tackle or bait, no preferential access to impossible fish in syndicate waters that are impossible to join....but natural stock, difficult waters like those i struggle on. Thanks and Good Luck!.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
A great "read" there Bluey . . . . .

You rang just about all the changes in your quest, as well as loosing a lot of sleep, switching methods and baits a lot.

In the early months I would always have the bivvy if at all possible at least that way I can close the door and get some kip.

Do you know that this venue holds a good head of Tench or not?

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Very enjoyable read Eddie, I liked how your enthusiasm and determination shone through, but, as fishing often does, it frustrated you to the point of distraction, and i can very much sympathise with you on that level too.
The lake sounds like a great place to catch plenty of fish, perhaps a little frustrating if targeting just one species though.

Good luck with the rest of the fishing and looking forward to hearing more about it.