Fish Legal Seeks Judicial Review of Environment Agency

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Oh dear. Clearly a case of go for / / bash / shoot / the caught between a rock and a hard place Agent / Messenger (the EA, in this case), never the no-flies-on-us, "Just try it, sonny, and we'll set the best and most expensive Briefs in the business on you", Private Corporate Utilities prime mover. Such is big business and don't rock the boat, Cosy Nostra politics, now; hit the little poor guy or some remnant vestige of the now officially despised, freeloading, waster State. Thought rather better of some our representatives once upon a time; now clearly well-bought and neutralised. Who next, I wonder? Anglers who don't Angle "our way"?

nicepix

Reaction score
Oh dear. Clearly a case of go for / / bash / shoot / the caught between a rock and a hard place Agent / Messenger (the EA, in this case), never the no-flies-on-us, "Just try it, sonny, and we'll set the best and most expensive Briefs in the business on you", Private Corporate Utilities prime mover. Such is big business and don't rock the boat, Cosy Nostra politics, now; hit the little poor guy or some remnant vestige of the now officially despised, freeloading, waster State. Thought rather better of some our representatives once upon a time; now clearly well-bought and neutralised. Who next, I wonder? Anglers who don't Angle "our way"?

Gosh! I wish I'd went at a posh school and could writ like what he does. :eek:mg:

bennygesserit

Reaction score

Paul still a situation that sounds like it needs addressing though. indirectly isn't it the fat cat water companies that FL is going after ?

laguna

Reaction score
Mark Lloyd, Chief Executive of the Angling Trust and Fish Legal said: “The Agency should jump at the chance to force water companies and others to prevent pollution in all their waters which would have benefits for wildlife, fish, anglers and the whole of society...."

Is it me or do I sense some political undertone here or are the EA just typical of some public servant body, lazy not worth doing their job type?

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Poverty of ambition - they cant even act against a water company to protect a SSSI which should be a priority site for getting help. EN are even more toothless and subservient - how they are supposed to return all their unfavourable condition SSSi to favourable condition is beyond me - presumably they will give up and denotify them. Nice people though.