A Million Voices for Angling

nicepix

Reaction score
As I've said before on many occasions nitpix, your reasons just done carry any weight, they are what I've said... excuses.

And i still find it extremely hard to believe that the firmly held opinions of any individual should affect the membership quota of any organisation.
It is just another excuse to use though.

Taking your last point; why then did you have in your signature: "Join the Angling Trust now" if one person's opinion cannot sway others? Surely that is an attempt to do exactly that.

It isn't just me that finds your belligerent attitude off-putting to the thought of joining the Anging Trust membership. It has been pointed out by others many times on here. Same goes for the attitude that you are right therefore anyone dissenting is by definition wrong. Historically I find that you are wrong on most things.

If the Angling Trust was such a good thing you wouldn't have to keep trying to bully & blackmail people to join.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well, that's quite simple really, if I didn't place the wording then nobody would see it,it's suggesting joining something that I have belief in.

As to your last point, I find your approach to be that of a pure nit picker (must be the training) and you always have been, hence my slight variation to your user name.
My guess is, for the same old few that see things your way, there are more who agree with me on most subjects.

How do you work out "bullying or blackmailing"?
Nobody is being coerced to join, all I have been saying is just don't whine on and on with the same nitpicking excuses not to join.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Well, that's quite simple really, if I didn't place the wording then nobody would see it,it's suggesting joining something that I have belief in.

As to your last point, I find your approach to be that of a pure nit picker (must be the training) and you always have been, hence my slight variation to your user name.
My guess is, for the same old few that see things your way, there are more who agree with me on most subjects.

How do you work out "bullying or blackmailing"?
Nobody is being coerced to join, all I have been saying is just don't whine on and on with the same nitpicking excuses not to join.

I see no need to reference his job

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Great to see you back Fred and bringing your unique style of debate back to the boards

Judas Priest

Reaction score
....and Colin, if you want to partake in childish name calling, be my guest. But, a least I have one to use.

I was going to say that I CANNOT believe you've just posted that after your name change/calling of Nicepix a couple of posts ago, but then again .....................

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Like I said Fred, only thinking about it but it's just not worth it on a sure fire winner

martw

Reaction score
What a shame that an interesting discussion has to degenerate into the above.

But to maybe bring it back on track, I really think that society has changed and the decline in angling's popularity is probably irreversible and within reason not necessarily a bad thing. There's just so many interesting things for people to do these days, and not just the xbox. Kids are out there mountainbiking, skateboarding, surfing, playing sport etc etc. people will still always go fishing - it's just there won't be so many of them. I'll still be out there, and hopefully so will be my son.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What a shame that an interesting discussion has to degenerate into the above.

But to maybe bring it back on track, I really think that society has changed and the decline in angling's popularity is probably irreversible and within reason not necessarily a bad thing. There's just so many interesting things for people to do these days, and not just the xbox. Kids are out there mountainbiking, skateboarding, surfing, playing sport etc etc. people will still always go fishing - it's just there won't be so many of them. I'll still be out there, and hopefully so will be my son.

My feelings exactly, martw. There were very many of us until quite recently; there will be fewer in the future. The remaining few, however, must NOT get all bullish and bull-sheeting and "Listen to us - we know best!" hectoring with those who don't fish, not be Uriah Heap "Very very 'umble" one second then perfect out-of-touch tyrants the next, just be real and connected with the rest of the human race. Time of passing, for Angling as some / many of us knew it, this one, a time of Tolkien's Elves, knowing that their time is over, sailing into The West. The chestbeating and heels-dug-in shouters and howlers among us will not only make this passing worse but also catastrophic for those who remain: know your place now, the Empire is past, a new era is beginning. Doesn't mean, however, that Angling can't and won't continue; it'll just be different from the pastime that many of us knew. Don't let the marketeers, salesmen, short-termers, corporate day-outers and profiteers grab it, though, for then it really will be effed.

Last edited: