Benyon Sacking and Eustice Promotion - Angling Trust Comment

bennygesserit

Reaction score
One estate owning ( not driving ) buzzard killing , canoe wrangling , money grabbing , money inheriting , river owning cheating Tory posh boy to replaced with another equally ideals bereft near cousin to literally sell us down the river, AGAIN.

Tnere must be a f****** conveyor belt somewhere.

cg74

Reaction score
"Tnere must be a f****** conveyor belt somewhere."

Funny you should say that, there was the Tories answer to The Hitler Youth; [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Conservatives"]Young Conservatives - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

With its most promising graduate:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL_p9qjfu5U]William Hague 1977 Conservative Party Speech - YouTube[/ame]

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

Seriously though, why would anyone give a ministerial position to the holder of such a marginal seat?:confused:

Reaction score
not talking party pols....interesting decision..only can be that one party led by Big C is assuming that another party led by...let's call them Little C.....will be destroyed in the big choose-um people-ignore-um pow-wow in 2015 and no more marginal !!!

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Richard Benyon has had the wreckers in, from Slough in East Berkshire (We don't talk about East Berkshire...) naturally.

Vandals cause £1m of damage at MP's country estate - Telegraph

He's not having a lot of luck at the moment, is he?

I mentioned in another thread the other day that Richard owns the real life setting of Downton Shabby. I was wrong (I get confused as to just who owns large chunks of, if not actually entire, English counties); the Earl and Countess of Carnarvon (that was somewhere in Wales the last time I looked) own that particular west Berkshire pile, Highclere Castle.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Meanwhile, Richard Benyon has had the wreckers in, from Slough in East Berkshire (We don't talk about East Berkshire...) naturally.

Vandals cause £1m of damage at MP's country estate - Telegraph

He's not having a lot of luck at the moment, is he?

I mentioned in another thread the other day that Richard owns the real life setting of Downton Shabby. I was wrong (I get confused as to just who owns large chunks of, if not actually entire, English counties); the Earl and Countess of Carnarvon (that was somewhere in Wales the last time I looked) own that particular west Berkshire pile, Highclere Castle.

Paul do you think the environment is better served by the Richard Benyon "type" - in my mind closely allied to the Countryside allinace and young farmers and who at least has a house in the country ( albeit a f***** massive one ) as opposed to ( my shallow predujices are showing here ) a ban 'em brigade from the "other side". Pretty simplistic I know , and maybe a townie Vs Rural argument rather than a party political one.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Benny,

I can't speak for PB but to my mind (but being a member of the Countryside Alliance) I think that a Benyon-type is far more allied towards what we want to see rather than one from the "Ban 'em brigade" to be honest.

He certainly served Angling well with his stance against co-called Paddler Rights too.

cg74

Reaction score
Benny, sadly I think Peter is correct in what he says. I don't for one second think that he backed anglers over canoeists for any other reason than money.
Same as I don't think Benyon and his ilk value the environment other than as a monetary asset, to be flogged as they see fit!

It's a bit like when the EA and Natural England spout on about educating farmers in environmentally friendly practices - It doesn't really work as most farmers are motivated solely by profit. So the only realistic way to reduce chemical usage is to tax the hell out of the stuff but Benyon wouldn't have that for fear of a possible dip in profits, no matter how slight it might be.... Oh and it'd be taxation of the wrong people.

A perfect example of self serving:
Richard Benyon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

bennygesserit

Reaction score