A New Face for Fishing Britain

chav professor

Reaction score
Haters gonna hate.... Could have used a net for a couple of pound Pike - just imagine unhooking it then! Thats a 'swinger'..... Well it is for a Marseer rod!

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Can't quite see how promoting a tackle shop and Mahseer fishing equates to promoting fishing in Britain, or is it me just being cynical again?

thecrow

Reaction score
Far more civilized...

Its that civilised that if you care to look while the fish is being dangled a set of trebles on the lure are in the gill rakers of the fish. Its very poor fish care and is not the face of angling that I believe should be displayed to the public or anglers.

By the way I am not what you call a "hater" I have opinions some of which others do not like "am I bovvered"?

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Haters gonna hate.... Could have used a net for a couple of pound Pike - just imagine unhooking it then! Thats a 'swinger'..... Well it is for a Marseer rod!

When you swing fish to hand you are putting weight onto a skeleton and muscular system which has evolved in a weightless environment and is not up to the task of supporting that weight.

The strength of the tackle being used is irrelevant. The biological structures involved are proportional to the size of the fish so the practice is as damaging to a 1 Lb fish as it is to a 30.
It is good practice to net, or at least support, all fish when they are in a situation where they are affected by gravity.

Last edited: