'Earth's Wildest Waters: The Big Fish': BBC2

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.fishingmagic.com/news_ev...9-s-wildest-waters-the-big-fish-039-bbc2.html

Tune-in to BBC2 on Sunday 11th October at 8pm....there's one of FM's good ol' boys doing his thing!

p02db1qw.jpg

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Re: 'Earth's Wildest Waters: The Big Fish': BBC2

I've been given the okay to finally confess that I was one the eight lucky applicants to make it through the auditions - so I am on this show! :)

sam vimes

Reaction score

I'm pleased to hear someone I know of got on. I had the application ready to send when some inconsiderate sod decided to give me a job! It was really something when even my "fishing's a waste of time" mother reckoned going on it was a "no brainer".
I'll look forward to seeing it, hope it was as good as I thought it might be.

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score

I trust the BBC have given Geoff his full title - 'His Wyeness Geoffrey Maynard of Hay' :)

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score

Just a reminder so you can have a good s****** at me defining the term cockwomble! tonight Sunday 11th Oct, 8pm, BBC2. The Big Fish.

snig-ger? auto edited? Oh, I get it... ;(

B

binka

Same here, I'm looking forward to settling down for the night and watching this :thumbs:

B

binka

Well done Geoff, I reckon you earned a medal of endurance.

Harsh decision too after the kayak and cod events me thinks but it must have been an amazing over all experience, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it.

You don't have the phone number for that female guide do you? ;)

thecrow

Reaction score

I didn't think much of the decision to send Geoff home I thought it was very strange considering Geoff caught on the first day and was part of the team that won the Cod bash, mind if the weather is going to be like that throughout I would have volunteered :)

jimlad

Reaction score
I agree, an odd decision. Very much a great British fish off theme. Wouldn't mind travelling to those destinations though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tom_moran

Reaction score
What a great experience Geoff, bit of a **** decision but bet it was fun!

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score

Thanks chaps. I wasn't too pleased, obviously, but I thought you'd enjoy it. I'm getting used to getting voted off first - it happened to me on Weakest Link too! :)

greenie62

Reaction score

.... I wasn't too pleased, obviously, but I thought you'd enjoy it. I'm getting used to getting voted off first....

Commiserations Geoff,
I reckon it's the ageist culture on telly. Mind you - Matt H is looking his age now don'tya think - he'll be the next one off! :eek::D
Hope you enjoyed it while it lasted!
Tight Lines :thumbs:

The bad one

Reaction score

Fish from a kayak Geoff, after all you’ve said on the matter.;) Have you no principles Man!:D Lets be honest here, when he was named as one of the three who could go, you just knew it was going to be him - A well mature white guy, a woman and a black guy. Well it is on the BBC! Far be it for me to suggest that the diversity policies played any part in that decision.

Well we are an aging society and a well mature white guys who fish come in bus fulls don’t they?
Anyway you’re better off out of it, as it was come dancing apprentices does bake off fish, which wasted an hour of my life I will never get back. I can assure you it won’t get another hour of it as it was cr*p!

B

binka

Mind you - Matt H is looking his age now don'tya think

First thing I thought too greenie, then again it must be hard to air brush moving pictures ;)

flightliner

Reaction score

I thought it was supposed to be judged on the anglers performance but the two boat cod jigging bit was down to the skippers skill, nothing to do with the team members.
Never mind Geoff.
ps-- did the well spoken lady entrant really believe she had a fish on for forty five minutes when all the time she was snagged up on the bottom, and why the tears-- all it seemed you were doing was walking past to a new bit of beach.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score

ps-- did the well spoken lady entrant really believe she had a fish on for forty five minutes when all the time she was snagged up on the bottom, and why the tears-- all it seemed you were doing was walking past to a new bit of beach.

That's what creative editing will do for you. They managed to make a mountain out of a molehill as expected.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score

Thanks for the support guys. Considering I have never even met any of you (maybe IC?) I was expecting to get a load of flak at the very least :)

flightliner

Reaction score

Thanks for the support guys. Considering I have never even met any of you (maybe IC?) I was expecting to get a load of flak at the very least :)

Truth beknown Geoff we're all trying to skank a day on the wye !:D