Martin Gay's Historic Carp Captures - THIS is 'Overwhelming Evidence'...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip

Reaction score
Re: Martin Gay's Historic Carp Captures - THIS is 'Overwhelming Evidence'...

Wonder what would be worse in the eyes of the proper Carp anglers ?

1, Caught in Canada but claiming an English lake ?

2, Caught on a fishery that was Trout only fishing ?

Ok putting Photos and Kayaks to one side for a moment (but ..not forgotten Mr Hatton !)

… I would consider a fish caught from a UK Trout water as a perfectly acceptable English caught fish (leaving the question of imports to one side)

To me its no different to people fishing SSSI sites where fishing is banned …e.g Colnmere….I didn’t see anyone telling Dave Lane, Terry Hearn, Dave Mallin et all that the Black Mirror “didn’t count”.

Whether such a fish could be claimed as a record I have no idea what the BRFC stance is…they seem ok to list fish without the specific location e.g “a southern gravel pit”. ....I think anglers themselves would recognize the merit of the capture regardless of its official record status.

A fish caught abroad and then claimed to be caught in the UK however. ...Now that is a very different kettle of fish ! ...a big NO NO imho.

thecrow

Reaction score

I have no idea what the BRFC stance is…they seem ok to list fish without the specific location e.g “a southern gravel pit”.

A few years ago some of them were happy enough to be fishing an Oxfordshire pit where there was no permission to fish, some big Bream and Perch though.

If I had caught a fish of that size during my "exploration" period it would have been kept to myself.

tonybull

Reaction score

Either way, this could well be the reason the photo's have been disposed of.

What ever that may mean.

I think the photo's are in the family album and that's where they are staying.

The exercise from the outset was to dismiss Paul S & Co and the Canadian theory nothing more, nothing less. It was never the intention to tell the public where the Carp were caught and now its ending in a bit of a pickle for Cliff in my opinion.

People are not buying his version and questioning everything he writes but only he his questioning Paul S.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score

There are plenty in the circus that have caught Barbel, when they shouldn't have been fishing, but thats ok as well.

As for this capture, I don't care where the hell the fish were caught, I just want the facts and Proof.

Not Bollox.

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score

It has become necessary to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.