Eric’s Common

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: Eric’s Common

http://www.fishingmagic.com/news_events/news/18209-eric’s-common-by-simon-crow.html
files.php

Simon with a 'little 'un' (!!!)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I detest the naming of fish, something that started with Clarissa ?

. . . erm, I think that would have started with . .

Ravioli actually . . . .

**** Walker and Pete Thomas called the fish "Ravioli" after the meal they had eaten that day.

It was only when the fish went to the London Zoo when it was christened "Clarissa"

Last edited:

thecrow

Reaction score
. . . erm, I think that would have started with . .

Ravioli actually . . . .

**** Walker and Pete Thomas called the fish "Ravioli" after the meal they had eaten that day.

It was only when the fish went to the London Zoo when it was christened "Clarissa"

Hence the question mark at the end of my post Peter, I wasn't sure thank you anyway.

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
My take on the naming of carp is that because all the big old carp are ladies they should all get old lady names like Mavis, Dora, Hilda, Aunt Brenda etc rather than pretentious names like "Cluster" which sounds like a cereal bar.

flightliner

Reaction score
I understand how it may seem- giving a fish a name but its what we as humans do- name everthing from people, places, objects etx so its just another example of the habit.
In my time I,ve caught a few named fish, one pec , lumpy, the good looking female, big gut, one eye , the big common, the mugfish etx etx.
None of which have been named by me I hasten to add but on the whole I'm not to fussed either way.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
They give these fish funny names, Split fin etc etc, for obvious reasons.

But you never hear of one being called Sh@t Ar$e after it's done it all over your mat.