Andy Scholey: 'Days of Wine and Barbel'

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: Andy Scholey: 'Days of Wine and Barbel'

thumbnail.php

http://www.fishingmagic.com/fm-features/18239-andy-scholey-barbel-wine.html

Thanks, Andy, for your story...I bet plenty of others have been well and truly upstaged by their better halves...

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Re: Andy Scholey: 'Days of Wine and Barbel'

What a great article Andy. And a missus thats happy to concentrate on the action.

Taken mine a few times. No bites in half an hour......bored.!!

Good Luck.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score

Nice one Andy.
I took my missus on a sturgeon trip on the Fraser river in BC once. She hooked into a big fish and was playing it hard when she noticed my pal videoing her. She
immediately switched her attention to putting on some lippy whilst still playing the fish, and the air turned blue with results...
That was the family record fish for a couple of years, 100lb+.

Keith M

Reaction score

Nice one Andy I enjoyed reading that :thumbs:

Keith

robtherake

Reaction score

I'm happy to leave my other half minding the fort - the only fish she has any interest in come ready-cooked with salt and vinegar. Can't say I'd want her there really, I get enough bloody earache the rest of the time and she'd only tell me I was doing it wrong. Bu99er that for a game of soldiers. :D

Nice read though, Andy. :)

Skoda

Reaction score

Thanks lads, this was a bit of a one-off, she’ll maybe come two or three times a year normally. We used to have a world Zander Championship (there were three of us, me, Sue and Micky) on the Cut-Off Channel where she won it with two Zander, the first one the bite alarm went bleep once up, twice down and she hit it! I still haven’t caught one!
The good news is she wants to go again this year.
Geoff, 100lb+ sturgeon would take some holding with one hand on the lippy, how long did it take to land?
Andy

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score

Nice work Andy. My wife also enjoys trips to country estates and the like, but unfortunately has no intention of hanging around by the waterside long enough for me to wet a line.