Big names from TV and angling among 20 new Ambassadors for Angling Trust and Fish Leg

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From soap stars to tackle makers … Angling Trust and Fish Legal announce 20 new Ambassadors

More...

thecrow

Reaction score
What happened to the others? did they all wise up and pack it in? soon have more ambassadors than members :D

Do the trust really think that anglers will join them because some "names" are now so called ambassadors? just what do these ambassadors do? because I cant remember the others achieving anything other than some publicity for themselves.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I think the Ambassador programme is a good idea and can do no harm, and those involved should not be ridiculed.

That said, and noting that I am a member of the Trust and support them accordingly, I do have a concern that once appointed then the person's independence is somewhat compromised.

I prefer to support the Trust, broadly, but to reserve the right to criticise as and when justified, and I doubt that the Ambassadors can do that effectively.

Regardless, I wish them all the best of luck and every success in their endeavours.

thecrow

Reaction score
Personally I think the Ambassador programme is a good idea and can do no harm, and those involved should not be ridiculed.

That said, and noting that I am a member of the Trust and support them accordingly, I do have a concern that once appointed then the person's independence is somewhat compromised.

I prefer to support the Trust, broadly, but to reserve the right to criticise as and when justified, and I doubt that the Ambassadors can do that effectively.

Regardless, I wish them all the best of luck and every success in their endeavours.[/QUOTE

I haven't seen anyone ridicule those that have been asked to represent the trust as ambassadors and if they are able to achieve anything within angling be that attract youngsters or improve access for the disabled angler then good luck to them.

My problem with the ambassador role within the angling trust is that the previous ones seem to have sunk without trace with nothing to mark where they once were why is that? I have to ask what did they achieve before they disappeared and will this new crop achieve anything more or does the trust think that the angler that is liable to join them will be persuaded to do so because a soap star has become an ambassador? I have my doubts that will happen as I do about them being able to do anything at all about the massive problems facing our rivers such as legal and illegal pollution by water companies that the trust seem to condone as long as the cash keeps coming from them.