proTEST - Believe it or not.........

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I thought this was a Cliff wind up when I first started to read it, shocking, absolutely disgraceful. Is it EU revenge? !! (had been the decision of just one high-ranking official at the EU Ministry of Water in Schaffhausen.)
And is this not a bit of endorsement pre-referendum; my argument that we might be better off arranging our own environmental needs. This is a good case in point, a remote EU minister with no understanding of our environment making legislation for us and ruining it; and our seas while I am at it..
These chalk streams are unique in the world and should be left as natural as possible.
Please tell me this is a wind up Cliff. How would anyone in their right mind do this. With thousands of carp, bream, tench all over the country, why here! Are these fish destined to be killed when caught by salmon and trout anglers!
This is a wind up, right Cliff; common, come clean.

Last edited:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Mark I reckon theres a clue in the first line, I know of no "water ministry" in this country. :D
Just re read it Crow, a bit slow in the morning before my coffee has taken effect, gave me a heart attack, I will be sticking pins in an effigy of Mr Hatton later on.

greenie62

Reaction score
Mark I reckon theres a clue in the first line, I know of no "water ministry" in this country. :D

This is a pefect example of the "fake news" that has got us into the pathetic state of Brexit that we currently find ourselves!
As Editor Cliff you should be publishing this under 'Bait Box' - if anywhere - rather than under 'FM News & Feature Comments' - shame on you! :eek:mg::eek:mg:

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
Not meant to be - nor expected to be - read as 'news' - fake or otherwise, Greenie!

Bait box? I take your point. Let's see if others feel the same; if so, it can always be moved. Thanks for your comment.

theartist

Reaction score

Yeah but there's a Ministry of Sound :wh

It did take a few days before someone took the bait, were it not Mirror Carp and say 25000 Barbel instead then perhaps a few of the fly fishing section could have been well and truly on?

no-one in particular

Reaction score
The trouble is I just speed read these things early in the morning and miss the finer details but I get it was meant to be humorous and there's not a lot to do in mid Wales.
The odd thing is, I was reading June's copy of the National Geographic last night which is titled "WHY WE LIE" and the Editor's opening piece is called "FIND THE TRUTH AND PRINT IT" which is full of whats wrong with fake news. I liked his last paragraph-Confidence in the integrity of our work enables us to defend it, with civility; to those with other beliefs. That seems like a good place to start if we're ever going to agree, let alone act, on actual facts.

Last edited:

flightliner

Reaction score
Nice read, tho I did think at one point that it sailed pretty close to the sites terms and conditions but when I read of all the big (ish) Bream that were being stocked I was prepared to forgive! :D

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
I did wonder about where this SATIRE should go; now, a good number of PMs have decided for me! It'll be in Bait Box very shortly: it's a democracy.

I suspect I've been both too subtle and too convincing with this.....................

Last edited: