Angling Trust and Fish Legal intervene to save Kennet from further habitat damage

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This week saw a high level meeting called with the Canal and Rivers Trust (CRT) following a formal complaint from the Angling Trust and Fish Legal regarding habitat destruction on the River Kennet and Kennet & Avon Canal between Reading and Newbury.

More...

thecrow

Reaction score
Better late than never, its a shame this didn't happen at the start of the action that has affected other rivers so much money wasted on destruction that could have been used elsewhere.

jasonbean1

Reaction score
Canals and rivers trust are worst than the ea when it comes to habitat destruction. They make no attempt to build relationships with angling clubs or notify them of any works on there waterways. They hide behind ancient navigation laws that allow them to do what they like unless checked and the only ones that can do that are the local anglers and clubs. The angling trust can only find out an step in when there member clubs let them know hats happening on the ground.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure of the Canal and Rivers Trust's standing and if they are funded by public funds.

If they are, then surely a FoI Request regarding their planned "works" on the banks can be made to prepare any clubs that might be affected, and also to let the Angling Trust and Fish Legal as well?

thecrow

Reaction score
Especially as it is the one you usually go out of your way to denigrate at every opportunity?

I think that you will find that whenever I have thought that praise is due to the trust I have given it, what I will not do is keep quiet when I don't agree with some of the things they do or even worse don't do.

Did any other organisations get involved in this complaint?

Oh and I don't go out of my way to do it, it is as far as I know my right to voice my opinion it may not always be to others liking but I have never lost any sleep over what others think of me.