more imigrants comming to our shores

mikench

Reaction score
This and incidents like it are inevitable I'm afraid. It's ironic that globalisation of people Is promoting the erection of physical borders between countries ( India has erected a massive fence between it and Bangladesh ) but animal migration carries on unabated! Seas and rivers and the air do not recognise borders!!

thecrow

Reaction score
It would be very interesting to know if those fish that have entered rivers have done so in order to spawn, if they have I cant see any way that they can be removed and its yet another human introduced problem for our fish to try and compete with, its a pity there are no photographs of those caught to see if they were in spawning condition.

john r stockburn

Reaction score
It would be very interesting to know if those fish that have entered rivers have done so in order to spawn, if they have I cant see any way that they can be removed and its yet another human introduced problem for our fish to try and compete with, its a pity there are no photographs of those caught to see if they were in spawning condition.

there are plenty of recorded incidents Graham , the EA claims to have removed as many as 300 salmon reds last year 2017 from the tyne and surrounding rivers
rivers like the humber and trent would be a little harder to monitor I think and the wast side of Scotland would be a frre run for them

john r stockburn

Reaction score

more here Graham ;YouTube

there's loads of info and the EA (bless them) are doing tests to see if the eggs found will hatch in English rives :eek:mg: