British Pike Championships Returns to Drains

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Angling Trust are delighted to announce that the British Pike Championships Final will once more return to the infamous Fenland Drains which have provided so many years of close competition!

More...

soft plastic

Reaction score
I find it strange why the drains are referred to as "infamous".
Would anyone care to explain??
May be entirely wrong but I suspect it may refer to a few matches that have been fished there previously and the catches have been very low.

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

B

binka

Has this taken place of what was the Angling Times Pike Championship or is that still going as a separate concern?

I remember fishing the Angling Times Pike Championship back in the 90's on the Hobhole Drain and they used to be big turnouts with some good fish caught.

B

binka

Sadly the Hob Hole is a shadow of its former self,

That's a shame although I'm not surprised.

The Bellwater was even better, it ran off the Hobhole just after The Duke of Wellington where the Pike Champs draws were held but the steepness of the banks didn't half cane your ankles after a day's roving.

I remember one particular day when myself and a mate worked wobbled deadbaits a very long way down it towards the coast and a sea mist rolled in, the fog was that dense that you could taste the salt in the air!