Fishing World Mourns the Passing of John Wilson MBE

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As you may well have heard by now, angling legend and TV broadcaster John Wilson has died after suffering a stroke earlier this week at his home in Thailand.

The forums already have a thread dedicated to sharing memories about John and his impact on many of our fishing lives, whether it was growing up watching him on TV, reading his books, or perhaps even having the chance to meet, fish or work with him over the years.

We thought the best way of celebrating his life was to share one of his many videos that are out there to be watched over again on YouTube. This was one of our favourites from when he chose his favourite pike catch from over the years.

Tight lines John and thanks for all the memories!

YouTube

Source Article...

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
It is difficult to imagine anyone else - anywhere - having the angling knowledge and skills of John Wilson...he always seemed to come up with the goods - with or without a camera crew present. I can heartily recommend his autobiography '50 Years an Angler' for an insight to his angling roots and eventual reputation as a great fisherman. I will not be alone in expressing my sadness at his death: the angling world is poorer without him. Condolences are extended from Fishing Magic to John's family.