Angling Trust urges RSPCA to stop blaming anglers for plastic problems

The bad one

Reaction score
To blame anglers for the large part of plastic in the environment is just daft plain and simple. There's a place on the Ribble where all the flotsam and jetsam gather. The only angler's plastic you might find in the tones of stuff dumped on the bend that's there is an odd Drennan chubber float or a plastic waggler. They are out numbered by about a 1000 to 1 with plastic stalks of cotton buds. 100 to 1 with pop bottle of all sizes. Even plastic buckets out number them by a considerable number
In short it's Hogwash!

Which brings me to my second point of animal slaughter. Not sure how it found it's way into a thread about plastic in the environment? All slaughter to some may seem cruel, but EU regulations are the highest standards in the world of dispatching an animal for human consumption.
I've said this before on here, I can speak with authority on it, as I was a slaughter man for 20 + years, so have seen it at knifepoint end 100,000 of times.

Kosha and Islamic slaughtering is nothing short of BARBARIC and needs firmly dumping in the annals of history. And all animals need to be pre-stunned andor shot with a captive bolt before their throat is cut. There are very few if any in the trade that I've ever spoke to, that feel Kosha and Islamic slaughtering is a humane method of slaughter.

If we are to continue to eat meat, and I see no reason why we shouldn't, we should always kill any animal for food in the most humane and modern way possible there is. The two methods above fall very short of those standards as can be seen in the video, which is the standard way the two methods kill animals when slaughtering them.

The bad one

Reaction score
Oh and PS the end of the video shows a "pig," neither religion kill or eat pork. So why is that picture there?