Hundreds of volunteer bailiffs to take part in Close Season crackdown on illegal fish

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Trained volunteer bailiffs will be patrolling the country’s rivers this coming close season for what will be one of the biggest crackdowns on illegal fishing and fish poaching.

More...

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I think this just shows the Environment Agency's view of the close season when a consultation will have only just finished on this very subject and results may show that a larger percentage of anglers are perhaps in favour of abolition or adjusting the dates. I always thought the consultation was a waste of time since the EA do not like to take any decision that might be controversial and instead prefer no change to save their pathetic little faces. Yes it is the law not to fish in the close season and that will not change until much later, but it's a heavy handed attitude to take at this time.

At least there'll be one less full time EA bailiff on the job in our area after the end of this month, he's retiring and I wish him good luck.