Jeremy Wade interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirsty Hewitt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have some exciting news! Next week we will be interviewing presenter and biologist Jeremy Wade, star of River Monsters, for an article on www.fishandfly.com. This is your chance to ask him your questions. The interview is to promote his new series, Jeremy Wade’s Dark Waters, in which he investigates unsolved mysteries beneath the water’s surface.

Jeremy will be answering questions from forum members about his journey to reeling with some of the rarest, most elusive and dangerous fish and sea creatures known to man. Please post your burning questions for Jeremy in the thread below and we will select the best ones to ask him on the day.

The series starts on 21st April at 9pm (UK) on Animal Planet. Episodes will include Italy's Lake Monster, about a mysterious beast said to lurk in Lake Garda; Alaska’s Lost River Kings, about the disappearance of the King Salmon; and the Return of the Outback Beast.

Looking forward to your contributions. Please keep them clean...!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
In your extensive experience what typical percentage of these stories of "man-eating" fish are pure myth versus proven reality?

A second question would be; if given a totally free hand, what would your chosen programme topic be for an indigenous uk fish?

theartist

Reaction score
How did the plane crash affect your desire to fish remote locations and were there any times when you questioned all the travel and effort involved?

Do you think there are untouched waters still out there that harbour a leviathan undiscovered or previously thought extinct?

Do you want a free hand drawn illustration for your next book? :D

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Crazy River is often lauded as the best fishing book ever written. Both you and Paul did an excellent job. Why did you never do a follow up sequel to it?

mikench

Reaction score
Have youever been tempted to look for the Loch Ness Monster?

Last edited:

john r stockburn

Reaction score
In your extensive experience what typical percentage of these stories of "man-eating" fish are pure myth versus proven reality?

A second question would be; if given a totally free hand, what would your chosen programme topic be for an indigenous uk fish?

how much money do you think you can screw the public for ? and when are you going to stop repeating yourself ,...…….fish on fish on fish on fish on

john step

Reaction score
Have your ever been tempted to look for the Loch Ness Monster?
He did a double programme on it. I personally thought it was the closest anyone had come to explaining the mystery.

mikench

Reaction score
I must have missed that . The clip showed a Greenland shark; was that postulated as the monster?

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
I must have missed that . The clip showed a Greenland shark; was that postulated as the monster?

Yes. It was a few years ago I saw the double programme but from memory everything seemed feasible. The size, colour and the rarity of one of these deep sea slow moving very large sharks getting into the loch from the sea.
I must say I had never heard of them until the programme.
Apparently they are eaten in I think it was Greenland or Iceland.

Status
Not open for further replies.