Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  30
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 110
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,735

    Default Re: Gaymire: Are the Monsters Still There?

    Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    Who gives a rats whatsit regardless. This thread makes most of mine a riveting read.
    If you think this is bad Mike, you should see the amount of tripe they’ve written on other fishing forums about this mythical fish. Infact there is one whole page of ‘Oh yes he did”.....”Oh no he didn’t”, sums it up really.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,028

    Default Re: Gaymire: Are the Monsters Still There?

    Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    ‘Oh yes he did”.....”Oh no he didn’t”
    "Behind you" (is a mountie riding a moose, better crop that out)

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    leafy cheshire
    Posts
    12,134

    Default Re: Gaymire: Are the Monsters Still There?

    Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    If you think this is bad Mike, you should see the amount of tripe they’ve written on other fishing forums about this mythical fish. Infact there is one whole page of ‘Oh yes he did”.....”Oh no he didn’t”, sums it up really.
    Well it is nearing Christmas and the pantomime season!

  4. #94

    Default Re: Gaymire: Are the Monsters Still There?

    Quote Originally Posted by eddiebenham View Post
    we cannot provide PROOF
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiebenham View Post
    if it was provided, which it never will be because it doesn't exist, then it would settle this issue
    The unedited photos would provide proof and these may still exist.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South East England
    Posts
    4,092

    Default Re: Gaymire: Are the Monsters Still There?

    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    The unedited photos would provide proof and these may still exist.
    I don't think they do, they were either burned in a house fire or thrown out. You will never get to the truth of this either way, you can ask away on any aspect of this and you never ever will get any. There will never be any proof, it's a waste of time. It was exhausted in the last round and I believe many before that and on multi forums; all it does is wind people up.
    Where's a picture of the swim where the fish was caught in this newfound water for example, why can't that be provided Cliff?
    Last edited by markg; 18-10-2019 at 04:28.

  6. #96

    Default Re: Gaymire: Are the Monsters Still There?

    Mark, I am not expecting Cliff or Eddie to anwser that because, like the rest of us, they simply dont know.

    Who would have burned ALL the photos ? ....Yvonne Gay ? ....would you burn photos of a loved one ? ....add to that a loved one who was a fanatical fisherman ....and add to that he is holding his most prestige capture...and add to that the fact that the photo was in all probability taken by Yvonne her very self.

    Would she "dispose of" / "Burn" / "discard" / "chuck away" ...whatever word anyone wants to put on it ...ALL the photos AND the negatives ?

    No I simpy dont see it. There is every chance Yvonne Gay has a copy of at least SOME of those photos right now. In addition Yvonne will probably not be aware of the full extent of the bad feeling and how her late husbands name has been dragged through the mud for almost 30 years now.

    I think its time someone who knows Yvonne contacts her and shows her all the thread and discussion on all the forums so she fully appreciates what is happening. Then -perhaps- Yvonne will decide enough is enough and either come out with the truth herself or , better, provide the ONLY piece of evidence that really matters - the unedited photos.

    Yvonne Gay is the only person left who knows the truth and she should be the one deciding what to do its as simple as that.
    Last edited by Philip; 18-10-2019 at 06:41.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South East England
    Posts
    4,092

    Default Re: Gaymire: Are the Monsters Still There?

    At least you’re not expecting one Phillip, wise man and Yvonne would have done something a long time ago if she wanted to.
    I only remember this vaguely and my memory is bad anyway as I am sure Eddie will confirm but in the old thread I think it was Crow who pursued this and Cliff or Eddie would find out and contact Yvonne. They came back with they had been burned in a house fire or thrown out or something like that. But I am not sure, could be wrong, do you remember that Cliff or Eddie? It's just a vague memory I have of the old thread but I just seem to remember that for some reason.

    I would like to get back to the opening of the thread, it’s being overlooked somewhat and is the only really interesting thing as it’s a new aspect. This water Cliff, how deep is it, does it contain a lot of weed, is the water quality clean and can't you take some pictures being careful not to reveal its location of course. It's not far from Redmire you say, any similarities to it?
    Last edited by markg; 18-10-2019 at 07:16.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Upminster, Essex
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: Gaymire: Are the Monsters Still There?

    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Yvonne Gay is the only person left who knows the truth and she should be the one deciding what to do its as simple as that.
    Hi Philip..............................She has.
    I think that we covered this some time ago. Yvonne chose not to get involved in all this, and I must say I don't blame her. Would anyone believe anything she said, 'she would say that she was his wife', 'where's the proof then Yvonne'.
    She knows something about what has gone on FM and the constant bickering and is not prepared to get involved.
    Her view is that if you don't believe Martin caught those fish in the UK so be it.
    I can't remember her exact words but she told me that she had disposed of the photos, I don't recall her saying they were burned, and to my knowledge there was not a house fire.Martin showed me hundreds of photos over the years.
    There must have been boxes and boxes of photos of Martin with big Pike, Tench, Barbel, and of course Carp.
    And of course boxes and boxes of his articles, of which he wrote many, and boxes and boxes of letters regarding fishing.
    Probably all had a room to themselves.
    Personally, I think that my Wife would not bother to keep photos of me and my big Tench.
    The one's she would keep would be of us both arm in arm celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary at The Ritz.
    Last edited by eddiebenham; 18-10-2019 at 10:03. Reason: Added Text

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    5,640

    Default Re: Gaymire: Are the Monsters Still There?


  10. #100
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,028

    Default Re: Gaymire: Are the Monsters Still There?

    Quote Originally Posted by bennygesserit View Post
    It it me or do they not like putting dates on posts there?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •