Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Gaymire: Are the Monsters Still There?

Agree totally Peter and all this pot sitting and dragging the dead up is just chaff in the wind, or would be cr*p down the drain! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

You're wrong, Peter.
    I've just told you that I know and fish the water which produced Martin's whacker. That's good enough.
    Last edited by Cliff Hatton; 18-08-2019 at 22:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jacobs View Post
    That neither are going to happen results in the continuation of what has all the elements of a feud.
    It's only really a fued if both sides go at it. The vast majority on here, whether they believe or not, are not part of the saga. Sadly, many of those that really were involved are no longer with us. The time is long past that this particular sleeping dog was left to lie. Nothing is going to change by it being dragged up every year or two.

Ultimately, if you really want angling fame, and to go down in history, you are going to have to accept that anonymity, for yourself and the waters you fish, will go out of the window. It's one of those cases of not being able to have your cake and eat it.

Personally, I can't think of anything worse than angling fame. I don't get what drives people to form and be part of bodies like the carp society. This might be a tad unfair on my part, but it all seems rather egotistical to me. It's possibly a tad hypocritical when I'm saying it on a public forum where I regularly post catch reports. However, there's little ego involved in them and I deliberately try to maintain as much anonymity as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    Personally, I can't think of anything worse than angling fame. I don't get what drives people to form and be part of bodies like the carp society.
    Hear hear.

All those who involved themselves in the 2015 FM expose of the Carp Society's Paul Selman may be interested to know that the fool persists in peddling his ridiculous, malicious lies and fantasies through Facebook: astonishing!

On top of the cornucopia of facts, documents, testaments and expert evidence stacked against his truly infantile web of lies - plus being told that I am currently fishing Gaymire with his carp-fishing widow's blessing! - the carp world's Jester-in-Chief just won't give up. The 'Senior Lecturer in Law', continues to lie and will, hopefully, get his come-uppance at some time.

Some here will consider this petty, but you need to have crossed swords with this ridiculous bumbling, bombastic idiot to understand why he needs 'outing' once and for all.

Martin Gay was not just any old angler; he was particularly expert in all that he did and was the driving-force behind the pike-protection movement of the early 70s. He held a highly responsible position as bursar of London University and was a stickler for accuracy, honesty and truth. He wrote three pike-fishing books with the late Professor Barrie Rickards and revolutionized tench-fishing in the UK. All anglers of a certain age and pedigree know that Martin Gay was one of the leading, authoritative voices of his time.

Frustrated to the gills by Martin's refusal to divulge the location of his 50lb common carp capture (to the CARP SOCIETY!) Selman chose to manipulate and intimidate in order to establish his story for the nation's fascinated carp-fishing fraternity to absorb - and they did. Is this not a grave and serious travesty?

Consider just this - if nothing else! Selman is still telling the world (effectively) that Martin's whacker was caught from Lake Ontario and he does this with all the bombast and bluster and surety that has become his hallmark: "one million per cent!" he assured us in 2015.

So what happened to the "one million per cent" story he was peddling about the Rockies for the TWENTY-FIVE YEARS since 1989 until he learned in 2015 that 13 Moor Hall & Belhus Angling Club members had seen the original photos and unanimously agreed that they showed standard gravel pit / English lake surroundings and no hint of the mountains Selman so confidently told everybody about.

One day, I may just find the will to write the book, a copy of which must be lodged with The British Library. It'll be there for all time as a warning to other charlatans.
    Last edited by Cliff Hatton; 03-09-2019 at 21:40.

6. Default Re: Gaymire: Are the Monsters Still There?

Wow - you are fishing a lake with some carp in it. Definitive proof. I doubt the story no more....

Not just that, fishface, I fish 'Gaymire' and the very swims from which Martin made his historic captures. Didn't you read the article? And haven't you read the many articles from 2015 in FM archives? Take a look! I'd appreciate your considered comments. Better still, write us an article which addresses say...four...yes, just FOUR of the many critical observations Eddie and I made to expose the character and fantasies of the jealous Selman.

Can I count on you?

Blog Entries

Just out of interest, and fairness, when did Paul Selman last contribute here on FM?

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Also interesting to note that Eddie Benham (I think) posted on this thread, yet that post has disappeared.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    Also interesting to note that Eddie Benham (I think) posted on this thread, yet that post has disappeared.
    That is right, I hadn't noticed that, but he posted a comment aimed at me (?) seems to be gone now

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast