Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  27
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Gaymire: Are the Monsters Still There?

I am informed that Robin Monday has recently made some comments on facebook.
    Well I don't do facebook or social media and as far as I know he has remained silent on the subject of Martins wonderful English carp catches. It was Robin of course that started this miscarriage of justice in the first place so instead of dancing to Selmans tune maybe he could respond on F.M.
    Maybe he could provide us with the PROOF( that the carp were caught in Canada) that he said he had and was prepared to give to Tim Paisley.

If any of you are on facebook maybe you could make him aware of this post, although he will probably be informed by you know who.

I am thinking that as Robin Monday has now chipped in on facebook I could ask him
    ‘The truth died with him, did it, Robin? I don't think so because you know the truth, don't you? Why don't you come clean? You know the truth.
    Why was your original story altered to suit the Carp Society stitch-up of Martin. According to Selman you were Martin’s ‘best mate’. Really? I don't think so. Best mates don't do that.

Why did you let the Rockies idea go on for 25 years when it was obviously a fabrication? You never mentioned any mountains did you! All you mentioned to Paisley was a fence and a notice – board.

If you knew Martin so well then how come you allowed British Colombia to be put up as the place Martin fished when his relatives actually lived in Ontario?

So 29 years later, Selman still says it was Lennox Power Station. Read my articles Robin. You can't fish there and you never could. Even if you’d tried, security would certainly have moved you on. Anyway L. Ontario in that area is and was only accessible by boat and there are no launching places anywhere near. You need a boat licence and a fishing licence as well.

I got this information direct from the man whose office overlooks the outlet (as well as some photos). They were published with my articles for all to see.

Should you not have advised the Carp Society that they had the wrong location?
    Do the decent thing man and put matters right.
    Last edited by eddiebenham; 09-09-2019 at 14:39. Reason: text error

Sounds to me like Mr Selman has really wound you up Cliff and your clearly gagging for posts on this thread so ok here you go, I’ll throw you a tit bit…

Is Yvonne aware of this is all being dragged up again ? By all accounts it sounded like she was fed up of it all and just wanted it to go away. Here’s a thought - maybe someone should go and knock on her door and show her this & all the other threads & perhaps she would be so pig sick of seeing her late husband’s name dragged through the mud yet again, & so publicly, that she will magically find the cardboard box in the upstairs cupboard with the photos and « un-dispose » of them for all to see.

Cor ! … that would be great wouldn’t it. Get a magnifying glass on that cream colored sign. One things for sure, someone would be left with major egg on their face !

I wonder who ?

I have been reading some of this and the funny thing is, I had never, ever heard of the Gaymire fish or this controversy. Nothing at all.

And the next thing is, I find it all rather pathetic, it was a fish, sometime in the past, that may or may not have been caught, somewhere in this country, possibly or not.

Get over it, move on, it isn't that important or even interesting, it was just a fish a bloke caught.

Blog Entries

Cliff, it's admirable that you are trying to defend your friend but maybe it's time to let it go.
    That or let the judiciary's decide where concrete proof provided by both parties (if that's at all possible) will decide the truth.

Interesting that if you look at pictures of Richard Walkers record carp you will see different backgrounds. So may be he didn't catch that carp at Redmire Pool he might have been in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by flightliner View Post
    Cliff, it's admirable that you are trying to defend your friend but maybe it's time to let it go.
    That or let the judiciary's decide where concrete proof provided by both parties (if that's at all possible) will decide the truth.
    Actually, flightliner, my main objective now isn't to defend Martin but to get an apology from Selman, Monday, Tim Paisley, Chris Ball and all those within the Carp Society who conspired to pervert carp-fishing history and to smear the impeccable credentials of an honest and truly outstanding angler. Those who've made a point of reading, absorbing and evaluating everything from both sides on this matter will have no doubt as to the pedigree of both the fish and its detractors; they cannot have reached any other conclusion.

Mark g's insistence on 'proof' of the 50lber's origins kind of misses the point. We will never have any concrete 'proof' and that's the whole point! What we do have is the next best thing in the form of the strongest evidence - evidence that would surely secure a conviction in any court of law within minutes.

Interesting, isn't it, that even at this stage, a veteran of this debacle like you, flightliner, STILL fails to recognise the infantile absurdity of Selman's 25 year conversion to a wholly different story! So has Philip, so has molehill and so have so many others...it's truly astonishing!
    Last edited by Cliff Hatton; 17-09-2019 at 08:57.

I have contacted Robin Monday for his comments: with any luck he'll man-up and come clean.

Edited 11.18 hrs 16.9.2019.
    Last edited by Cliff Hatton; 16-09-2019 at 10:19.

I dont think its appropriate that you use your position as Forum editor to personally attack people
    This forum has been very harmonious lately I understand your desire to defend your mate but please stop using Our Forum as a vehicle to do so
    Last edited by bennygesserit; 16-09-2019 at 05:29.

Quote Originally Posted by bennygesserit View Post
    I dont think its appropriate that you use your position as Forum editor to personally attack people
    This forum has been very harmonious lately I understand your desire to defend your mate but please stop using Our Forum as a vehicle to do so
    What he said, it’s only fishing ffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

From Phillips Post
    Get a magnifying glass on that cream colored sign. One things for sure, someone would be left with major egg on their face !

I wonder who ?[/QUOTE]

Hi Phillip....................The photos no longer exist and if they did then the sign would not reveal anything.
    I saw a lot of the untouched photos (maybe all of them) and the one that showed the sign was with Martin crouching in the foreground with the huge English Common. Behind him at the top of the bank was the fence with the sign on it.
    The sign appeared to be on the other side of the fence and facing the water so anything on the sign would be readable when on the other side facing the water. At a guess I would say it probably only said 'Danger - Deep Water'. One thing I can assure you is that there were NO Mountains and NO Power Stations in any of the many untouched photos I saw. You can ask any one of the dozen or so who saw the photos and they will tell you that it looked just like an English Lake.
    Anyone that is except Robin Monday................Strange that don't you think ?
    Last edited by Cliff Hatton; 16-09-2019 at 18:01. Reason: text

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast