Gaymire: Are the Monsters Still There?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip

Reaction score
Hi Philip..............................She has.
I think that we covered this some time ago. Yvonne chose not to get involved in all this, and I must say I don't blame her. Would anyone believe anything she said, 'she would say that she was his wife', 'where's the proof then Yvonne'.
She knows something about what has gone on FM and the constant bickering and is not prepared to get involved.
Her view is that if you don't believe Martin caught those fish in the UK so be it.
I can't remember her exact words but she told me that she had disposed of the photos, I don't recall her saying they were burned, and to my knowledge there was not a house fire.Martin showed me hundreds of photos over the years.
There must have been boxes and boxes of photos of Martin with big Pike, Tench, Barbel, and of course Carp.
And of course boxes and boxes of his articles, of which he wrote many, and boxes and boxes of letters regarding fishing.
Probably all had a room to themselves.
Personally, I think that my Wife would not bother to keep photos of me and my big Tench.
The one's she would keep would be of us both arm in arm celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary at The Ritz.

Allot of water under the bridge since then Eddie.

How well do you know her ?

When did you last speak to her ?

Philip

Reaction score
The lack of response is interesting. Can we assume the answer is : not very well and a long time ago Eddie ?

Or perhaps your currently trying to think of a way you can contact Yvonne so you can tell us shes not interested and you spoke to her just a few days ago. :wh

Whats actually needed is an unbiased third party to contact her, make her aware of the full extent of what happening and then let her decide what she wants to do. I doubt very much Yvonne frequents many angling circles so my guess is she is all but oblivious to how far things have descended.

Time she knew I would say.

Last edited:

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
Phil: I have recently stated that Eddie and I - plus two others - now fish Gaymire with Mrs Gay's blessing having corresponded with her in the early Spring of this year.

Philip

Reaction score
Small correction - What you think is Gaymire.

Given as just a handful of posts ago you said you thought she did not know whats going on I think we can be assured your early spring correspondence would not have included a blow by blow account of how her late husbands name is being publicly dragged through the mud on the interenet.

Which is rather the whole point.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Phil: I have recently stated that Eddie and I - plus two others - now fish Gaymire with Mrs Gay's blessing having corresponded with her in the early Spring of this year.

Cliff the problem is there are two sides to this - yourself and Paul Selman and I don't know either of you , so how can i choose who to believe when there is no hard physical evidence (before you remind me I have read all of your threads on this several times on several fora )

I have seen you concede that there may well be kayaks in the background but then conveniently dismiss that , or not mention it on another thread or in a different forum.
You completely ignore the opinions expressed by Jamie who was a neighbour (or was he) of Martin's Nephew in Canada (Seems a coincidence I admit)

I dont know who is more trustworthy you and your mates who affirm that the fish was caught in the UK or Paul Selman and his mates who say it was caught in Canada
From an outsiders point of view (reading an internet forum) I have no basis to form an opinion - I dont know any of you

I really fail to see what you hope to achieve - in fact I hope Martins Wife does not read any of these threads - the sum of her life with her husband was about so much more than whether he caught this fish or that or whether he pulled someones leg or didn't

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
Thanks, Molehill.
'The Final Word' was a non-thread article and the previous article-thread was closed; however, I omitted to close the 'original' thread 'Gaymire - Are the Monsters Still There?'. Understandably, viewers chose to 'exploit' my omission by directing their comments there! (i.e.here)

So...after a whole morning's deliberation I would ask viewers to, perhaps, re-read 'The Final Word' and the obituary from the late Dr Barrie Rickards.

For Eddie Benham and myself, we remain beyond astonished that there remains any doubt about the Carp Society's and Paul Selman's farcical version of events and we struggle to see how anyone can suspect differently: the absurdities in their story are naked and wide-open to ridicule! The glaring, almost comical ripostes from Selman and the ignorant supportive comments from his allies are, we feel, worthy of nothing other than contempt: how could anyone push their rock-solid story of 25 years then fundamentally change it and expect to be taken seriously?

Eddie and I never set out to prove the fish were caught in England, only to disprove the scurrilous, defamatory rubbish from the Carp Society who have done a good job of tarnishing the impeccable credentials and reputation of an outstandingly good and ethical fisherman. If Chris Ball would like to write an apology for his distasteful conflation of Martin with George Michael, FM would gladly publish it.

So...we leave this in the firm belief that the majority of viewers will have noticed the elephants in the room: the 25 year miracle; the meeting-minutes; the botanists's and geologist's reports; the 4 lengthy and highly-detailed accounts Martin gave us in Coarse Angler; the photographs clearly showing grassy banks, standard gravel margins and the commemorative split cane rod Martin would never have entrusted to the hold of a 737; the precise, verifiable weather conditions MG described as a 'fail-safe' element in his 1990 articles and the obvious fact that friends of 35 years don't visit your home and tell you a pack of lies.

Mentally super-impose all of this over Selman's photographic cock-ups (Kingston General Hospital); his shot of where 'MG parked his car and shot back for a wash 'n' brush-up' prior to photographing'; his estimate of a 'mid-thirty' showing 'lamprey-bites' and photographed among flora 'not found in the UK'; his latest announcement that his Canadian 'friends' are currently 'doing well' at Lennox when there is NO POSSIBILITY of this for security reasons, plus the all-encompassing fact that no one in the Carp Society other than Robin Monday saw the pictures and his 'recollection' is totally at odds with that of 13 Moor Hall AS members and few people would or COULD go along with his story.

So, Windy - I think you've got a good point.

MG1.jpg
MG2.jpg
MG3.jpg
MG4.jpg
MG5.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.