Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anglers, clubs and fishery managers urged to use review to get cormorants on the Gene

The Angling Trust and the Avon Roach Project are calling on anglers, angling clubs and fishery owners to respond to the current licensing review and press to have cormorants added to the General Licence so that we can better protect our threatened fish stocks from unsustainable predation.

More...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Anglers, clubs and fishery managers urged to use review to get cormorants on the

Strange that there's no comments on this of all threads?

Default Re: Anglers, clubs and fishery managers urged to use review to get cormorants on the

Quote Originally Posted by The bad one View Post
    I completed the survey this morning. There's a lot of guidance on how to complete it, if needed, on the AT link under the original FM article

This is the survey

Wild Birds General Licence Survey
    - Defra
    - Citizen Space
    Last edited by nottskev; 15-11-2019 at 11:21.

Quote Originally Posted by The bad one View Post
    There has been some publicity in the angling press about the Governments review of the General Licence. If a species of bird is on the licence, then their numbers can be controlled to prevent damage to farming and the environment. Cormorants are not on the Licence, but could be included if enough anglers send in their views.

The Angling Trust site explains the background to the review:

Anglers, clubs and fishery managers urged to use review to get cormorants on the General Licence - The Angling Trust

Here's the form you need to fill in:

Wild Birds General Licence Survey
    - Defra
    - Citizen Space

The Angling Trust has advice on how to fill in the form and supplies comments that you can copy into the form if you wish. Its called "Guidance notes for completing the general survey", and it can be accessed at the Angling Trust web site I've quoted.

It took me about 20 minutes to complete the form. The closing date is this Thursday, 5th December.
    Last edited by keora; 03-12-2019 at 07:38.

With just a couple of days left, the lack of comment on this is surprising. Has anyone taken the time to complete the survey?

I have just completed the survey. Kev has posted links which help and the PAAS website has some very useful and factual info on its website which can be used. It's hard to believe that 4 Canada geese produce as much s*** In a day as 1 sheep. It's unpleasant stuff as well and is usually deposited on my peg.

Blog Entries

I've not even looked at the survey.
    I see it as a waste of my time. The AT keep coming up with surveys but do nothing. May be it's the wrong attitude to take but being realistic the AT are toothless.
    If by some long shot anything comes from this survey I may perhaps change mind and give them a bit of credit, I don't think I will hold my breath though.

I did this a week or two ago. Rayner, this is not an AT survey, they are just encouraging anglers to fill it in. Its the survey that decides what goes on the General Licence for the shooting of pests.

If you love the cormorants everyone then don't fill it in.

I concentrated on Canada geese, cormorants and Goosander when I completed it as it’s these species which have the most deliterious affect on angling and on fish stocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomorrow is your final chance to participate in and vote on the survey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast