Angling Trust's Manifesto for Angling receives cross party support ahead of General E

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Angling Trust's Manifesto for Angling - published last month - has secured strong cross party pledges from both Labour and Conservative parties to support angling in the next Parliament.

More...

Aknib

Reaction score
"Anglers can now go to the polls safe in the knowledge that whichever of the main parties form the next government they have committed to protect the sport we all love."

Yeah right, of course we can!

I think that Politicians of all representations & Parliament as a whole, in a sentiment strictly related to this Angling story, has demonstrated beyond any doubt that nothing is safe in their hands.

Self-interest and a cheap sell out, should a larger band of vote offering individuals come along, will have the final say.

I applaud the efforts by the Angling Trust and believe we should be represented at a political level but I'm not for one minute so naïve as to believe it offers Angling any substantial protection.

A bit of a merry-go-round really, we know we need it but we also know that having it means absolutely nothing.

A very sorry state of affairs brought about by the shameful antics of todays Politicians who have lost the trust of the electorate and descended politics into a stink pit equalling the 18th century era of rotten boroughs.

Well done Angling Trust but I'm afraid that for me at least...

All that glitters is not gold.

Last edited: