Can we.......

Aknib

Reaction score
There's another reason for me not making any non-essential journeys and it's that of having to fuel up.

Fuel pumps are rumoured to be a likely spreader of the virus which makes sense to some degree, I fuelled up to the brim (with a bag over my hand) a couple of days ago and hope this thing is long gone before I have to do it again.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
It's on the BBC News 24 questions and answers right now Mike

And it wasnt a desperately convincing answer BUT if we are proper people and want to do the right thing we will hang our rods up for a while. All my club waters and commercials I know of locally have closed in any case. No spring trite fishing for me this year

steve2

Reaction score
When and where was this stipulated?

On a Q&A session the question was asked by someone called Mark, the answer was no you should be going fishing or make unnecessary any journeys.
Some also wanted to know if they could drive out into the countryside for a walk, the answer was no.

mikench

Reaction score
Thanks for that chaps. The matter is now out of my hands in that all 3 of my clubs have closed all their waters until further notice. The 2 day ticket waters I visit are also closed. Now where is that knitting pattern?:rolleyes:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I think it is best not to go fishing for a while until this virus passes and the Government give the all clear.; that's only my judgement but the minister kept saying only go out if it is essential.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know of plenty wild local out of the way waters where I could nip to on foot or on the push iron. Some I wouldn't even need to go on a footpath, just fields and barbed wire fences. Chances of bumping into anyone would be very slim and so no one would be any the wiser....I really just can't be harrised.

Paste paul

Reaction score
At the end of the day people are dying from this disease and it’s set to get a lot worse....... fishing isn’t that important is it ?
We all need to work together to beat this thing and then we can go fishing in the not too distant future....

ian g

Reaction score
Spot on Paul , have a look where I live , Whixall Shropshire we've been socially isolated for years:D , the canal is just over the field from me but I have no plans to fish it until the ban is lifted , these are unprecedented times and we all need to do are bit to help the NHS .

slenderhead

Reaction score
Agree with all of this. Luckily and hopefully, I reckon that fishing will be one of the ‘earlier’ activities to be re introduced as acceptable, as this thing passes us by. Especially as it’s proven to improve mental well being. Thankfully it’s easier to do the distancing thing too whilst fishing, than say an indoor arena concert full of people. Who knows... stay safe all and save lives that’s the main thing

rich66

Reaction score
There's another reason for me not making any non-essential journeys and it's that of having to fuel up.

Fuel pumps are rumoured to be a likely spreader of the virus which makes sense to some degree, I fuelled up to the brim (with a bag over my hand) a couple of days ago and hope this thing is long gone before I have to do it again.

When I filled up today at Costco I got told to wear the plastic gloves they were providing and then the same guy came a sprayed the pump down after I’d finished with disinfectant.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I fell into that category until last Thursday when an inguinal hernia decided to rear its ugly head.

What timing!

I reckon I'm in for a good twelve months of pain before I can think, or even want, to get that looked at.

Oh no, sorry to read this Steve.i hope your forecast is incorrect and you’ll be back fit sooner than later.

steve2

Reaction score
Like someone else said just treat it like the old close season which most us remember was 3 months without fishing. You got through it then you can now.
Is catching a few fish worth more than spreading this virus and killing people?

lambert1

Reaction score
I fell into that category until last Thursday when an inguinal hernia decided to rear its ugly head.

What timing!

I reckon I'm in for a good twelve months of pain before I can think, or even want, to get that looked at.

Blimey Steve, I just looked that up and sounds pretty awful. Makes my Umbilical Hernia look wimpish in comparison. Hope it clears up mate.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
With the exception of one FM event years ago I have never fished in the close season, and I don’t start my trout fishing until July either so it won’t bother me at all.

That has always been my choice so no different to any other year.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

What timing!

I think that's a very simple op Ste, we had it done on a bullterrier once and it was literally a few stitches inside and out....a very common one bud, not to be worried about.

Aknib

Reaction score
I think that's a very simple op Ste, we had it done on a bullterrier once and it was literally a few stitches inside and out....a very common one bud, not to be worried about.

Cheers Ian.

I'm more worried about going anywhere near a hospital at the moment, not the best places at the best of times and I've got my head around living with it until this virus thing's all over... Whenever that will be.

Had a phone consultation with the doc and she agreed I'd be better off living with it for the time being, just have to be careful lifting any heavy fish ;)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cheers Ian.

I'm more worried about going anywhere near a hospital at the moment, not the best places at the best of times and I've got my head around living with it until this virus thing's all over... Whenever that will be.

Had a phone consultation with the doc and she agreed I'd be better off living with it for the time being, just have to be careful lifting any heavy fish ;)

Lol, don't whack it to hard on the downward stroke either!....just go long and slow until you get the desired effect :censored: