Forum changes

Kirsty Hewitt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dear all,

I wanted to to update you on some changes and improvements we have planned for Fishing Magic.

Cliff Hatton is going to step down as Editor, effective immediately. We are grateful for Cliff's contributions over the years but it is time for a change.

The rest of this update focuses on planned changes which will happen over the next few weeks. Currently we have our magazine site FishingMagic Online Fishing Magazine and Fishing Forum and this forum site. We are proposing to close the magazine site and have the forum as the main site. The content from FishingMagic Online Fishing Magazine and Fishing Forum will be made available via the forum.

The next change regards software. I’m sure many of you have noticed how slow and outdated our current Vbulletin software is. We’re planning to move the forum onto another software called Xenforo, which is much more modern, faster and more secure. If you’d like to see how it works, have a look at Fly Fishing Forums UK where it has been a big improvement and seems to have been a popular move. If you enjoy the articles on Fishing Magic, don’t worry - we will still host articles on the forum and we will be encouraging article and blog contributions from members. We'll make sure all of the content we currently have on the site is still available.

We won’t have an Editor as such, but instead will continue with our wonderful team of moderators. I’ll continue behind the scenes, looking after the technical side of the site and troubleshooting where needed.

I know many will be sad to see Cliff step down - we remain friends and wish him all the best. I hope the other changes we have planned will be welcome, please do let me know here or via PM if you have any questions.

All the best,

Kirsty

bennygesserit

Reaction score
despite our disagreements I have to acknowledge Cliff's altruism in contributing ,

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm sad to hear Cliff has left, although i'm not surprised!

Last edited:

Keith M

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about Cliffs departure as editor.

Look forward to seeing the new forum layout

Keith

wetthrough

Reaction score
Sorry to hear Cliff's stepping down and wish him well in whatever direction he chooses to go.

barbelboi

Reaction score
All the best Cliff, nice to have met you at the Wye fish'in a few years ago.................

Aknib

Reaction score
Best wishes Cliff and tight lines.

I still have the cap but cherish the envelope it came in more due to the excellent cartoon you drew on there, thanks for everything :cool:

flightliner

Reaction score
Thanks to Cliff , he did a good job!
I just hope the new server is much more user friendly than this one.
TBH it's frustrating to say the least for guys not up and together when using computers.
I would like to contribute pictures from time to time but hate relying on imaging sites like post image which doesn't seem to be operating right now.
Here's hoping!!!

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Thanks Cliff for all your help and I hope you stay in touch on the forum. Good luck in your new future.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
Best wishes Cliff for the future and hopefully you will still look in from time to time. I wish I could draw.:)

john step

Reaction score
All the best Cliff. Enjoy your cartoons. Any new cartoon books on the horizon?

Keith M

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are leaving the editor post Cliff.

Will you still be contributing to FM? (I hope so)

Keith

Skoda

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're leaving FM; good luck for the future, tight lines.

Andy