Forum downtime this weekend

Kirsty Hewitt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that there will be a couple of hours of forum downtime over the Bank Holiday weekend as we change the site software from Vbulletin to Xenforo. I can't give an exact time, but if you can't get onto the site, that is why. It should only take 2-3 hours.

The site will look different after the move, but all login details should be the same, and you should be able to post as normal. The new software is much more modern and user-friendly so I hope you will find it straightforward to use, but let me know if you have any problems. There will probably be a few teething issues but I will do my best to be around all weekend to sort out any issues.
It works well on mobiles, but I have asked for Tapatalk to be added as well as I know many people like it. I would ask those who use Tapatalk because they like the mobile interface to just give the new software a try in a web browser first, it really is good.

All the best,

Kirsty

rich66

Reaction score
I use the Tapatalk app mainly, but tbh I’m finding I miss new topics etc maybe it’s time for a change ?

Kirsty Hewitt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks as though the developer didn't manage it this weekend - hopefully this will happen over the next couple of days but I will let you know when I hear more!

seth49

Reaction score
Might take more than a couple of hours, the salmon fishing forum is still offline since yesterday afternoon, while they change over. To new system.

laguna

Reaction score
Morning Kirsty. Are we there yet? :)

I'm not interested in Tapa wotsit's myself but I'm sure they are lovely! However as an FM life member and Sponsor Laguna Fishing Products would be keen on resuming the 'Caption Competitions' last organised by Cliff, and also to be included in the occasional newsletter which many members subscribe to but have not received in years.

Hopefully this new software can handle.

Regards.

seth49

Reaction score
See it’s back up and running on the salmon fishing forum, looks good photos are easy to do, and seems easy enough, should be a big improvement

Kirsty Hewitt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
See it’s back up and running on the salmon fishing forum, looks good photos are easy to do, and seems easy enough, should be a big improvement

Glad you like it! The salmon fishing forum is huge and so the move took a long time. Hopefully this one will be quicker, I believe it is going to be done in the next day so watch this space.