Night Fishing is allowed: Angling Trust Update

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Night fishing will be allowed following an amendment to Government guidelines on sport and travel.

More...

Keith M

Reaction score
I don’t know how the following sentence could mean that night fishing is allowed, camping out is not allowed; whether you are in a bivvy or camping out under the stars with a rod in your hands or not.

We shouldn’t be splitting hairs like this, it’s just being totally irresponsible and spoiling it for all of us.

Here comes the second lockdown !

It is worth noting that overnight stays in holiday homes and camp sites are still banned and that with the dynamic nature of this situation the Prime Minister has warned government guidelines could change quickly

Keith

Last edited:

steve2

Reaction score
Could not agree more the wording' stay out longer' as been twisted to mean over night fishing is allowed. If you can't go camping you can't stay in a bivvy.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Camping tends to be at a camping sites in fairly close proximity to others. I enjoy the occasional night trip, on my own away from others, what could be safer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Not going at all, Ray.

My club doesn’t allow night fishing on it’s still waters. I have associate membership of a reservoir and syndicate membership of another which does. I may night fish these when things calm down.

The club lakes are open on Monday and I may go mid week. I am starting to get the materials together to make some new floats while I’m not working. I plan on making some Avon floats with plug in tips of various colours and some antenna crucian floats with a variety of tips. I have already bought the bushes which take starlights and the tips will be fixed to half of one of these. I will put some photos of them on here when I’m done and happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve2

Reaction score
Camping tends to be at a camping sites in fairly close proximity to others. I enjoy the occasional night trip, on my own away from others, what could be safer?

Some of my club waters become camp site for most of the summer

Aknib

Reaction score
Personally I think all of this, namely fishing when we can and taking precautions with hygiene and sanitisation, careful time and venue choice etc. is all going to come under the banner of the 'new normal'.

We're experiencing new normals for work, shopping, open space distancing etc. and this virus thing isn't going away any time soon and fishing is no exception.

I accept there are those that will venture out as we get more control over the situation which leads to a substantial decline in cases but I think those waiting for it to disappear altogether before venturing out on the banks are in for a very long wait.

I would love to be wrong.